Marino Bike Co rigs.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
It seems like there's at least a few (2... :D) of us that have purchased from the Chilean custom manufacturer. If you do to, throw them in here...

Mine is still in the building stage. The angles and sizes are below and progress pics so far;

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My pub bike is a Marino... bought off a 6'4" bloke around 2010ish only for the new 29" PRO Carbon forks that were worth around $250, IIRC he was going to build it as a 29" dirt jumper and gave up on the idea.
Came with PRO carbon forks, headset, Specialized carbon seatpost, stem, Bars, CC headset and hubs. Was an absolute steal for $150... was only after I bought it that I realised the frame actually fitted me as a regular MTB.

Has propped up many a pub wall when on camping trips, also did the first lap of Tassie with us, so its seen 3 Derby days in 2016.

Marino decals were removed as I had a spare set of Independent Fabrication decals... so the Decals are worth more than the bike.

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My pub bike is a Marino... bought off a 6'4" bloke around 2010ish only for the new 29" PRO Carbon forks that were worth around $250, IIRC he was going to build it as a 29" dirt jumper and gave up on the idea.
Came with PRO carbon forks, headset, Specialized carbon seatpost, stem, Bars, CC headset and hubs. Was an absolute steal for $150... was only after I bought it that I realised the frame actually fitted me as a regular MTB.

Has propped up many a pub wall when on camping trips, also did the first lap of Tassie with us, so its seen 3 Derby days in 2016.

Marino decals were removed as I had a spare set of Independent Fabrication decals... so the Decals are worth more than the bike.

View attachment 354460
You and I have a very different definition of pub bike

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Little update on my bike...

They put in bottle cage mounting holes, apparently they standard unless you don't specifically all for them. And the gussets are different to what was originally ordered.

Apart from those little disappointments, it's looking good. It'll be interesting to see how the finish looks in person.

Jpez

Down on the left!
One day you’re going to shock us all with another colour besides green and black;)

Loving that paint finish. Looking forward to seeing it at the Youis.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Little update on my bike...

They put in bottle cage mounting holes, apparently they standard unless you don't specifically all for them. And the gussets are different to what was originally ordered.

Apart from those little disappointments, it's looking good. It'll be interesting to see how the finish looks in person.

View attachment 354606View attachment 354607View attachment 354608View attachment 354609View attachment 354610
I'm really interested in this as I'm thinking of ordering one of his hardtails and would like to hear about how it is in person.