Marino Bike Co rigs.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty seriously considering one of these frames to upgrade the geo on my hardtail to match my fs bike. Raw steel frames make me weak at the knees, I love looking at the heat effected zone from the welds.
Beware that if you want a clear/semi-transparent paint, they've been known to chip then rust underneath and show through.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Beware that if you want a clear/semi-transparent paint, they've been known to chip then rust underneath and show through.
Fair point. I'll have to figure out how much effort it would take to redo if needed

Flow-Rider

Burner
You end up with this, some people call it rust spider webbing, the rust ends up making the clear coat peel off.

The Best thing to do is not hose your bike down and don't use harsh cleaners like degreases, clean with a damp cloth and touch up any spots where you've broken through the clear. Using a wax sealer type polish will help seal the chips and scratches too.

goobags

Likes Dirt
You end up with this, some people call it rust spider webbing, the rust ends up making the clear coat peel off.

The Best thing to do is not hose your bike down and don't use harsh cleaners like degreases, clean with a damp cloth and touch up any spots where you've broken through the clear. Using a wax sealer type polish will help seal the chips and scratches too.

View attachment 370878
That looks average. Mine has started on one chain stay but it’s on the tyre side so it is not visible. When the time comes, it will probably get a cheap re-paint and a shiny Ti Walty frame will be ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone tried clear powdercoating ? that stuff doesn't chip easily
Yeah I think wkkie had a semi-clear candy apple, to be honest though the powder coat quality they do doesn't seem that fantastic - mine chipped and flaked off around the shock mounts and axle almost right away.

Lucaw

Next in line
I’m thinking i might get one of these, and I was wondering if anyone else in southern Tasmanian was looking at one so we could combine our orders and split the shipping costs

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I had a bit of an incident down at Maydena this week.

Snapped just above the top of the seat tube/downtube gusset whilst landing a jump on Funky Cold Maydena. Chucked a pic up on insta just after it happened, and Marino has already contacted me to ask for more pictures and to send geo for new frame. I'd say it had been gradually cracking over the course of the day, looking back at video screengrabs you can see the powdercoat gradually flaking around the area for the previous run or two - just unfortunate I didn't notice it.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn. You OK?
Yep, 100% fine. Was wearing pads & fullface so not even grazed. Extremely lucky though, would have been far worse on a faster, rougher track.

So that’s the lowest, slackest geo setting I assume?
You could say that, near 90deg seat angle, must be perfect for climbing! You're not the first to mention that haha, got a few of those comments down at the bottom, staff on at the time came to have a looksee.