Marino Bike Co rigs.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
So the chainstay flexes at the bb location instead of a pivot? Id be concerned about the weld at the BB!
I'd be concerned about literally everything with that. I mean by all means someone on here should be a selfless guinea pig and get one for our amusement, just don't be surprise Pikachu face when it disintegrates after you case a pebble.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Well, I've just gone done and placed my deposit on the frame. Lets see how long from the 13th August 2021 takes to produce, then ship, then arrive.

As it was a whole page back, here's the geo I'm going with, for a 178cm fella with a +4cm Ape Index.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Another update, my frame is ready!!! Lets see how long it takes to pack and ship and get here, but it's very much ahead of the mid-November production timeline I had. The paint looks amazing - in the colour selection I was expecting a matt dark grey, with a lighter grey silver for the logo. The "metallic" look that it's come out as I really friggen like

Isildur

The Real Pedant
That looks sweet! How does the paint durability look?
Dunno as that's shots from the factory, but I'll check it out when it finally arrives :) The higher res shots I've got (the forum reduces them) certainly look pretty uniform.

And it looks like they're still yet to tap the BB threads, so I gather it'll take a little while longer to ship. but it's time to start getting the few pieces that I have to purchase to finish this build lined up.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dunno as that's shots from the factory, but I'll check it out when it finally arrives :) The higher res shots I've got (the forum reduces them) certainly look pretty uniform.

And it looks like they're still yet to tap the BB threads, so I gather it'll take a little while longer to ship. but it's time to start getting the few pieces that I have to purchase to finish this build lined up.
Doh, of course. :rolleyes: Hopefully it won't be too far away! Still waiting for production to start on my warranty frame.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
That's looking good. HTA is slack isn't it? Looking forward to hearing more when you swing a leg over it.
yeah on paper the static HA and Reach are smaller that what i ride, but factoring in the immediate steepening of the HA & lengthening of reach when the the bike sags means it should ride nicely. My current hardtail has a static HA of 67 with a 140mm fork, and can get a bit hair-raising in steeper stuff, whereas this should be a bit more composed with the extra length and slacker angles.

Ha, with all of that said, honestly this bike will see most of the immediate future as a Day Care Dropoff rig!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I hadn't heard anything for a week since they told me my frame was ready and about to ship. Followed up yesterday and got a really fast reply that they were just finishing off a batch of CNC Hangers and that the frame would be shipped the next day. Then, low and behold I got another email this evening with the tracking number! Stoked as!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ah man, so my frame is in country, after spending two weeks sitting at the Peruvian airport. Only thing is, it's at work and I'm working from home all week!! :(

Might have to show my face and see my colleagues in real time on Friday so I can get a weekend build happening...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh, and we finally have an update. They're definitely busy that's for sure, frames being churned out left right & centre. I'll be surprised if I have it in hand before next year.

Attachments

hambonanas

Want to know what I had for breakfast? I tell you!
Ahh, and we finally have an update. They're definitely busy that's for sure, frames being churned out left right & centre. I'll be surprised if I have it in hand before next year.
Welding the seat tube ahead of the bottom bracket is an interesting design choice.

goobags

Likes Dirt
The 14-16 week mark is end of the month for me. Pretty sure I won’t be seeing it by the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk