AM Marketing Hype Box Ticking

smitho

Likes Dirt
Slik Graphics decals finally turned up! Just in time for me to sit and look at it during lockdown.

Also installed the Cascade Components linkage. According to Cascade it requires a heavier spring rate. With the same spring as before in it, it’s sitting pretty squarely at the recommended 33% sag.

Lockdown has ruined any plans of a proper test ride, but first impressions (aka the gutter test) feel much more sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jpez

cancelled Easter
Slik Graphics decals finally turned up! Just in time for me to sit and look at it during lockdown.

Also installed the Cascade Components linkage. According to Cascade it requires a heavier spring rate. With the same spring as before in it, it’s sitting pretty squarely at the recommended 33% sag.

Lockdown has ruined any plans of a proper test ride, but first impressions (aka the gutter test) feel much more sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw that on the FB page. Veeery niiiice. Liking the orange accents and Kashima(not a fan of kashima usually) With the purple it looks mint.
Is that one of those Jank components straps up under the top tube? In one of my moments of boredom and financial irresponsibility I bought one of their inline one up pump doo dads. Cost me $50 to get a little printed bit of plastic to Oz. Then it occurred to me I haven’t needed a pump on the trail in a long long time.

smitho

Likes Dirt
Saw that on the FB page. Veeery niiiice. Liking the orange accents and Kashima(not a fan of kashima usually) With the purple it looks mint.
Is that one of those Jank components straps up under the top tube? In one of my moments of boredom and financial irresponsibility I bought one of their inline one up pump doo dads. Cost me $50 to get a little printed bit of plastic to Oz. Then it occurred to me I haven’t needed a pump on the trail in a long long time.
It's a Wolftooth B-Rad strap. I like the neatness of having a mount point there, and keeping the tube off the frame. The combination of water and You Yangs grit wasn't kind to my last frame where it was strapped directly on.

I think I'll mount a pump on one side of the bottle cage - currently got a pair of nangs strapped on. They tend to get used pretty regularly, although admittedly primarily for fixing riding buddies' punctures.

This bike gives me inappropriate thoughts. Same (favorable) thoughts on the colour scheme as @Jpez too. Can't wait to hear ride impressions once allowed.
The colour scheme was pretty fortuitous. The frame has orange highlights all over it, and had all the orange bits left over from the Insurgent. Had a couple of left over links from an old copper XX1 chain, so made sense to stick with that colour and just buy a single new chain rather than two. Still enough spare links for another change of chain.