Marz shiver axle, normal Marz size

safreek

Hi guys, looking at a shiver that is axleless, any ideas about how easy it may be to source an axle for it, any other axle that may fit it.
My googling has turned up nothing, is this a sign that I am in for trouble is I was to buy the fork.
They do look cool.
Oh, is there any way I can test it to see if it is fucked beside the pushing down test, cheers

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Hi guys, looking at a shiver that is axleless, any ideas about how easy it may be to source an axle for it, any other axle that may fit it.
My googling has turned up nothing, is this a sign that I am in for trouble is I was to buy the fork.
They do look cool.
Oh, is there any way I can test it to see if it is fucked beside the pushing down test, cheers
Swab the orifices and DNA test.

safreek

World of hurt.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Trying to find the axle or just the fork in general. Thought they were pretty good in there time.
Did I mention how cool they look, this meaning I would be cool as well

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Both.

If you must have a USD fork get a Manitou Dorado.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Nar, those guys are normally weird old dudes, oh I see what you are getting at ;)
I sort of have an aversion to unpayed work
I was thinking you give them a couple of hours work for turning the axle for you. That's not unpaid.
But I don't know how they work. You might have to do an initiation first. Probably involves goats?

FigBo0T

A hollowtech 2 crankshaft might work as stock? I have no idea, but have one here that's useless to me.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
What are the sizes and tolerances and what is the material and heat treatment?
may be over thinking it, but maybe you aren't......but maybe you are!
If it's 20mm, which i'm assuming it is, just get an old axle from a moto wreckers..something from a DRZ or similar and modify to suit

FigBo0T

D'oh. I thought this was the 25 mm forks from a few days. It's hard to keep up with safreek's fork collection.