Marzocchi 380 experiences

John U

MTB Precision
Hi. I’m after some performance increase over the stock boxxers on my Aurum c7.3. Really liked the change from World Cups to 40s on my old Sunday. Over 2k is way out of my league for a new fork. Second hand downhill market has almost completely dried up.
So
http://www.jensonusa.com/Marzocchi-380-C2R2-26275-2017
Is this deal a good idea? The fork gets good reviews. Apparently it is reliable. Not sure about getting them serviced in Oz.

Other option is a charger damper in the boxxer.

indica

Serial flasher
That's a great price. I have some Marz on my enduro bike and rate them highly. Set and forget for me for sure.
That doesn't help you of course.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It does. What about getting them serviced?
I own 4 sets of Marz in other models and the internals are very simple. The problem I found is when they get on in age and getting internal parts because they are hard to find or very expensive but there's tons of seals and axle parts around. I can't see a place like NSD knocking them back for a service but you may drop them a line to be on the safe side. Just also let you know that the conversion rate to AUD on the Jenson site isn't accurate.

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
I own 4 sets of Marz in other models and the internals are very simple. The problem I found is when they get on in age, is getting internal parts because they are hard to find or very expensive but there's tons of seals and axle parts around. I can't see a place like NSD knocking them back for a service but you may drop them a line to be on the safe side. Just also let you know that the conversion rate to AUD on the Jensen site isn't accurate.
Cool. Good to know.

I’ll ask NSD.

Conversion rate is not too far off. I estimate about $572 AUD landed.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I have a Marzocchi 55cr and they’re a nice fork. NSD are happy to service as are others such as chainbrain in Dromana and probably Astroboy in Collingwood if you want something closer to where you are (rather than NSD).

I serviced mine (not damper) with the help of @Mywifesirrational the other day and it was pretty straight forward. (To be honest, he did it all and I watched so it was very straight forward for me, maybe not so much for him...).

I think MWI has 380’s as well so may chime in with his thoughts.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
380's are great and no harder to work on compared to other forks. Main issue have is the complete lack of service and tuning info, however there is a detailed thread on pinkbike regarding this. But far the best DH fork I have used, really like that you can play with oil heights to get the progression exactly as you like, then find tune with LSC / HSC. I also pulled apart the damper and re shimmed it.

Also worth noting my last set of 2017 350's came in a Fox / marzocchi box, warranty should be handled via fox service centres.