marzocchi forks

Jaxsta

Likes Bikes
im thinking about getting either marzocchi zi fr 3 forks with 130mm travel or marzocchi 55 with around the same amount of travel but would they fit onto a 08 norco katmandu or would the just blow out the bike

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if i was you i wouldn't even think of putting Z1's or 55's on a katmandu that is made for 75mm travel!!!:eek:

(what is it these days everyone gets a katmandu and wants to put a set of triples or something on it?)

woody 14

Eats Squid
mate i think that the only thing you can do is just try. but i wouldnt go out and buy some thing like brand new boxxer world cups or anything i would just see if you can get like some second hand drop offs or some thing so that you no that it works. or if all else fails buy a new bike.:D

juliancantride

Likes Dirt
mate i think that the only thing you can do is just try. but i wouldnt go out and buy some thing like brand new boxxer world cups or anything i would just see if you can get like some second hand drop offs or some thing so that you no that it works. or if all else fails buy a new bike.:D
Don't try it at all!!
After a few half decent size drops, snap, there goes your headtube.

harlzman444

Likes Bikes
Don't try it at all!!
After a few half decent size drops, snap, there goes your headtube.
ah on the contray,
i have an 07 norco rival (same frame as the late model katmandu) it started with marzocchi dj4's (120mm) and i soon went for the drop off 3 (150mm) and i do all sort of stuff (dh, freeride, dj, street, you name it)and haven't had one bit of trouble. even thinking of going for a 66 with the thru axle.
anyway i think you'll be right as long as you have a bit of sense. i wouldn't go over the 120-130 mark for your bike but you can always try.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It really doesn't do your frame any good...

But my mate is running 150mm forks on a orginally 80mm frame (we think)

its old...

Meh, still a bloody stupid idea