Marzocchi Z150 pics

Ty

Eats Squid
150 mm travel, 1 1/8 steerer (normal), ETA lockout, air-assist top caps, QR-20 dropouts, 6lbs 15oz

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they up for retail sale yet!!!! i want some! i'd much rather them than firfly's more travel the better just dont want dc's :D

Mason

Likes Dirt
What the hell makes that thing cost so much? You could eaither have that , or a super T

xxsethsxx

Likes Bikes
masonb89 said:
What the hell makes that thing cost so much? You could eaither have that , or a super T
yeah i agree, for the money id rather have super t. but then again maybe cause dirt jumpers hate the tripple crown, but im from a DH point of view.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
xxsethsxx said:
masonb89 said:
yeah i agree, for the money id rather have super t. but then again maybe cause dirt jumpers hate the tripple crown, but im from a DH point of view.
ya but no dirtjumper wants more than 4 inches

CHEWY

Eats Squid
xxsethsxx said:
masonb89 said:
i think ur both forgetting this is an australian site, super T cost over $2000 here. u gotta half everything practiclay, z150 prob be about 800us

Ryan

Radministrator
That is crazy heavy for a SC fork. As this was supposed to be Marzocchi's fork to stick it up Manitou and prove 1.5" steerers aren't the best way to go for long travel single crown forks, I'd have to say they failed pretty miserably. That's (at a very conservative measure) a good pound heavier than a Sherman, so the argument that a comparable fork could be built with a 1 1/8" steerer seems to be pretty much a lie. Also, it might just be me but is that paintjob not one of the ugliest to ever grace a production fork?
Oh well, I suppose the proof will be in the ride though and I'll reserve judgement on these until I actually get a chance to ride a pair.

Ryan

Radministrator

Here's a pic of a Z150 on a Le Toy nicked off the ridemonkey forums, proof they exist in the real world at last. The guy who owns this bike is claiming a weight of 6.2 pounds on a digital scale including the thru axle, which is a much more respectable weight in my books.