MASSIVE THANK YOU Crash at Mt Buller 16th Feb *UPDATED with crash footage*

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I hope you didn't crack another frame :p

What a story - may the recovery be as painless as possible. Thoughts are with you...

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All,

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to the guys who walked me out of the Copperhead trail at Mt Buller on the weekend. I have been riding for 15 years and never had a serious accident until now.
Glad you're gunna be OK, I was pondering my habit of riding alone just this morning. Well done those guys

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
Ah I rode with you guys at Buxton late last year. I was on the black Torque.
Good work helping a fellow rider out.

All the best with your recovery Ken
Ahhhh, yeah I remember you. I was impressed with how well your bike climbed (and you were giving it some stick too!). A mate ordered one recently and I was remembering how much I liked yours. Off to Buxton tomorrow coincidentally, then Lake Mountain shuttles Sunday. Maybe see you there?

poita

Likes Dirt
Hope you weren't hammering a hardtail down some ridiculous gnarly track again!

Heal up quick.

But most importantly, did the chopper pilot do any mad tricks on the way down??

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Glad it all turned out alright for you Ken. It was my mate Jeremy l, from Traction Mountainbike Coaching, and I that found you. Hope your missus wasn’t too grumpy with you! Catch you on the trails mate. Not sure if you will recognise us again so here’s a pic
Massive thank you Zac and Jeremy! If we ever cross paths again I would love to buy you guys a beer. Wifey took the whole thing remarkably well, though she might be filing it away for a discussion another day.

On a side note, my Strava says I was going 39.6kmph when I suddenly stopped.

I hope you didn't crack another frame :p
No need to worry, it's already cracked. Just waiting for it to get a bit bigger so I get a nice new SB replacement from Yeti ;)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Wow, that does look very innocuous... Just bad luck. My Buller stack was waaaay faster and amongst big nasty rocks and all I copped was a busted helmet and a bruised ego! I do know I was very lucky though.

That was a classic oopsie, we've all done it! Thanks for posting it! Hope you're feeling better and planning your next riding trip to Buller :)