Matchy matchy

Which do you most

• Red lyrics look good on any bike and I have no problems wearing jeans and joggers.

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Wearing complimentary colours shows I have common sense and a little self respect.

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The other week I went for a ride and after a steep climb came across 3 dudes who were sitting down together. Said hi, they said hi back, then one of them said "well look at you all matchy matchy" after which we had a bit more of a chat then I rode away. So I was riding along it hit me. It was an insult. I was being insulted because my outfit matched my bike.
That depends.

If you were riding a Yeti or Specialized it was probably an insult.

If you were riding a Banshee they were probably a little jealous.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That depends.

If you were riding a Yeti or Specialized it was probably an insult.

If you were riding a Banshee they were probably a little jealous.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Nah just riding my 99 bikes cube. They had better bikes but all looked like individually they really wanted to get an ebike but are too worried about what the others in the group would think. My guess is they will get one each and make excuses about why they can’t go riding while secretly taking their Ebikes out and having the time of their lives. Eventually after a few years they will bump into each and the shame will have passed and they will pick up the friendship exactly where they left off but on 2023 levos and laughing about the good old days. Just a guess though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't let the haters fuck you on this. I am all for matching my shit up, otherwise you look like Street vomit on a Saturday morning. But I prefer to apply the less is more to it. A lot of black and just a little complimentary colour. I do have a wide range of shoe colours (not all bike related) and also a range of glove colours. No way am I wearing my red gloves while riding my green bike!

Your mate is an idiot. The golden number is three.
The man with the golden wood...I'm sure there's a film in this.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ myself and a couple of fellow riders went full dickhead a few years ago...white seats! We put a lot of work into maintaining that shine.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nah just riding my 99 bikes cube. They had better bikes but all looked like individually they really wanted to get an ebike but are too worried about what the others in the group would think. My guess is they will get one each and make excuses about why they can’t go riding while secretly taking their Ebikes out and having the time of their lives. Eventually after a few years they will bump into each and the shame will have passed and they will pick up the friendship exactly where they left off but on 2023 levos and laughing about the good old days. Just a guess though.
Cube make jerseys? Or were they commenting on colour co-ordination? Were they riding Yetis or Specialized? Was it like a weird bro-mance love triangle? What kind of guy comments on a strangers clothes?

All these doubts are beginning to make me side with you. Although I go out of my way to look like a middle aged dad, except for the odd Banshee or Turner jersey for the Illuminati.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Silicon spray. Turtle wax. Cream cleanser. Gumption.
Helps you develop lips that grip!

I have little idea what I am riding in. As long as it is comfortable. My bikes are predominantly black so that goes with everything. The Muru is a weird bronze colour. I usually ride it just wearing boardies. Definitely not colour coordinated. Think more like gorgonzola on a corn chip.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Damn, I have noticed the TRc colour scheme is great match for the orange and black Giro Terraduro shoes. You can accidentally take matchy matchy too far.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have orange shoes and an orange bike. The shoes came before the bike and they match too much for my liking.
I don't even like the colour orange, but the shoes were insanely cheap and replacing some that died and colour choice on bikes doesn't really exist anymore.

I have been looking for new shoes to rid myself of this pain

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I just ride in jeans in a shirt, I don't really see the point in all the mtb gear. Until summer comes around and the jeans are too hot, anyone know a good pair of non-mtb shorts that don't cost $90?

The bike however should have a nice colour scheme but that doesn't obligate you to dress like your bike. I mean do you match your clothes to your car....? You don't.... right?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
My mates like to stir anyone who wears white or has white contact points on the bike - "oh i see you are white seat confident..."
there's a road guy in our area who brings out the all white euro trash kit every now & then..also has a grinch bike shirt in disgusting green

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I remember seeing a guy kite surfing at Sunshine Beach. The wing was red, orange and yellow stripes. So was his wet suit. He was bloody good but it looked too try hard.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just ride in jeans in a shirt, I don't really see the point in all the mtb gear. Until summer comes around and the jeans are too hot, anyone know a good pair of non-mtb shorts that don't cost $90?

The bike however should have a nice colour scheme but that doesn't obligate you to dress like your bike. I mean do you match your clothes to your car....? You don't.... right?
I really rate the comfyness and durability of my fox ranger shorts. Head over to eBay I think for best deals.
I don’t dress like my car because it’s not an accessory like my bike is.