Matchy matchy

Which do you most

• Red lyrics look good on any bike and I have no problems wearing jeans and joggers.

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Wearing complimentary colours shows I have common sense and a little self respect.

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The other week I went for a ride and after a steep climb came across 3 dudes who were sitting down together. Said hi, they said hi back, then one of them said "well look at you all matchy matchy" after which we had a bit more of a chat then I rode away. So I was riding along it hit me. It was an insult. I was being insulted because my outfit matched my bike.

Surely most people think a bit about being matchy matchy while riding? Or am I alone in this...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I remember seeing a man with a, um, unflattering physique setting off at Kowen recently. And the only reason I noticed him at all was because his bike and kit, down to the shoes were all matching.

Didn’t help that it a was flouro yellow Pivot ensemble.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember seeing a man with a, um, unflattering physique setting off at Kowen recently. And the only reason I noticed him at all was because his bike and kit, down to the shoes were all matching.

Didn’t help that it a was flouro yellow Pivot ensemble.
I have a theory, which is pretty much a universal law, that I think applies here and it's to do with people who have lots of money. They think anything new is automatically nice and fail to understand or imagine context.

For example I have a mate that bought some new timber chairs which are really well made and look great. The problem is they are a completely different timber species from the other 7 types of timber pieces he has in the same room.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So my purchasing of gear completely based on because it was in the bargain buys on Pushys or MTB Direct is bad or good?
It depends. A good place to start is to ask yourself - does my house look like an ikea furniture catalogue?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Red lyrics look bad. Regardless of the bike they're on.

Theres no helping you though bud! Asking us nerds for style advice, mountain biking is for dorks. Always has been, always will be.

Accept your destiny, blue pressed jeans, white joggers (new balance preferred), Tool playing out your VW's speakers, and your bike on roof racks that have been plowed into a garage.