Matchy matchy

Which do you most

• Red lyrics look good on any bike and I have no problems wearing jeans and joggers.

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Wearing complimentary colours shows I have common sense and a little self respect.

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cube make jerseys? Or were they commenting on colour co-ordination? Were they riding Yetis or Specialized? Was it like a weird bro-mance love triangle? What kind of guy comments on a strangers clothes?

All these doubts are beginning to make me side with you. Although I go out of my way to look like a middle aged dad, except for the odd Banshee or Turner jersey for the Illuminati.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I don’t wear anything with big logos on them so that rules out all jerseys and it’s plain Nike aircool shirts for riding. I think they were on Santa Cruz’s but hifi can confirm. It was an odd comment but funny none the less.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Zero fucks about anything matching here.

I’d take it as an insult, and fight them, @mas2.
I'm trying to build an army here but so far in the poll all I got is 2 more people and, while we will look great in the custom bandannas I have designed, I'm afraid I only have the strength to take out 1.5 of them.

teK--

Eats Squid
I just ride in jeans in a shirt, I don't really see the point in all the mtb gear. Until summer comes around and the jeans are too hot, anyone know a good pair of non-mtb shorts that don't cost $90?

The bike however should have a nice colour scheme but that doesn't obligate you to dress like your bike. I mean do you match your clothes to your car....? You don't.... right?
A pair of shorts that doesn't cost $90?

There are heaps that cost well over $100 lol. Just buy last season's colourways to save a bit .

Don't underestimate the comfort and durability of a good pair of shorts. I've had some TLD and Fox shorts survive the most ridiculous abuse for several seasons of weekly wear and were well worth their price.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
My kit matches......

Everything is black apart from SLS spring. Even have black goggles with Silver mirror lenses.

I can spice it up with a pair of orange shorts and goggles for spicing things up.

My next bike will be challenging.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Red lyrics look bad. Regardless of the bike they're on.
I smell an argument - red Lyrics on those Commencal Metas with the cream / black, hints of red on the frame - so matchy. Also inky blue Santa Cruz's with the same... mmmmmm....

My bikes are religiously colour matchy matched with their components; I consider it critical for the bike's feng shui and overall harmony.

I meanwhile ride wearing whatever I've found on the floor that doesn't smell too bad.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have been in a crowd where people who are slower than some of the under 19's racer's say "Pfft, Daddy paid for it all" or "Pffft, all the gear and no idea" and I instantly put those cockheads on my list of people that I'll square off into a turn given the chance. Fucking wankers, they who make a laugh of someone else's bike or riding kit can eat a big shit sandwich. Grow up chaps, comments like that make you look like a real shallow dipshit.
Short story time: I acquire lots of parts and apparel from some great companies for various reasons. A local guy always made a point of asking what "useless shit" I had to test out this week. He really pushed the wrong buttons, really did not see the big picture in what I do and was always the wanker on a ride. I had a pile of loot that I was sharing amongst whoever was on hand one particular day and this cock wanders over sniffing around and cottoning on to what was going on; he instantly showed an interest and asks what I have for him. Now, Ol' Doze is a pretty sharing kind of guy and shares the joy of his good fortunes whenever he can. Did Dozer:
A) Offer something to wankerino in the hope he'd feel nice and get in the groove instead of whining like a giant pussy
B) Kick dust at him and tell him he's an idiot and can fuck off
C) Ignore the dickhead, wait for him to drop in on a ride and then square him off
D) Impersonate him acting like a jealous dickhead in an attempt to demonstrate to him how stupid he looks.

Fuck 'em @mas2, keep riding in whatever keeps you riding bro. ;)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
D) Impersonate him acting like a jealous dickhead in an attempt to demonstrate to him how stupid he looks.
It was this one right? I like this one the most.

I refer to myself as "having all the gear and no idea" to others but that's just to save time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I acquire lots of parts and apparel from some great companies for various reasons
Looks like the truth is coming out about those basement bargain priced Santa Cruz frames! What else fell off the back of a lorry there guvna? Got any watches?

I'm afraid I only have the strength to take out 1.5 of them.
That's lucky! I'm good for about 0.5. Also can we have matching gloves?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I have been in a crowd where people who are slower than some of the under 19's racer's say "Pfft, Daddy paid for it all" or "Pffft, all the gear and no idea" and I instantly put those cockheads on my list of people that I'll square off into a turn given the chance. Fucking wankers, they who make a laugh of someone else's bike or riding kit can eat a big shit sandwich. Grow up chaps, comments like that make you look like a real shallow dipshit.
Short story time: I acquire lots of parts and apparel from some great companies for various reasons. A local guy always made a point of asking what "useless shit" I had to test out this week. He really pushed the wrong buttons, really did not see the big picture in what I do and was always the wanker on a ride. I had a pile of loot that I was sharing amongst whoever was on hand one particular day and this cock wanders over sniffing around and cottoning on to what was going on; he instantly showed an interest and asks what I have for him. Now, Ol' Doze is a pretty sharing kind of guy and shares the joy of his good fortunes whenever he can. Did Dozer:
A) Offer something to wankerino in the hope he'd feel nice and get in the groove instead of whining like a giant pussy
B) Kick dust at him and tell him he's an idiot and can fuck off
C) Ignore the dickhead, wait for him to drop in on a ride and then square him off

Fuck 'em @mas2, keep riding in whatever keeps you riding bro. ;)
I vote for C!

Honestly who the fuck gives another mtber shit on the trail?

What has the world come to when people stop smiling politley on the trail and waiting to get home to be all passive aggressive behind their backs on Rotorburn?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay the votes still seem against me but I feel that with Dozer on board we can take anyone. If we can get a movement I reckon matching bandanas, gloves, and spokey dokies.

Just to be clear, in their defence, it was a pretty funny/random thing to say that went straight over my head because I was like “of course I’m matchy matchy, why would I not be”. I just thought people would get a kick out of it on here and I’m happy to chat with anyone on the trails and will probably bump into them again in the future so I don’t need anyone escalating.

Maybe I should setup a gofundme to bring colour theory lessons for mountain bikers or one of those car boot sales where we swap riding gear. Just a thought.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I choose C) or kill them all and use their corpses for berms (After salvaging any matching kit)
There's always one that hears voices.....
I am going to continue to wear my bright yellow on special TLD gloves with whatever colour I choose for the day as that way I always know where my hands are.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yep, it was C. I didn't chip him for his slow riding or shit gear, I just rattled his cage and frightened him. ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Honestly who the fuck gives another mtber shit on the trail?
I sling so much shit. It's almost non-stop smack talking from go to whoah. No holds barred either! Is your tyre always that low or is it leaking? Do you nannas need to stand around the middle of the trail and block it off or can you hold the Dutch rudder to side? Hey fuckwit this is a down hill not an uphill trail! When did you get that gouge on your forks? Your mum likes it that way. Do I need to show you how that tool? What an usual angle to have your seat. How heavy are those pedals man? Get off the brakes!!! Get on the brakes!!! Faster...faster...shit yeah that was awesome! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! If farted there. Try and boost it this time. I'm not even sure what you were trying to do with that one. I think I glimpsed some air under both tyres at the same time. And on and on. I'm not much fun.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I sling so much shit. It's almost non-stop smack talking from go to whoah. No holds barred either! Is your tyre always that low or is it leaking? Do you nannas need to stand around the middle of the trail and block it off or can you hold the Dutch rudder to side? Hey fuckwit this is a down hill not an uphill trail! When did you get that gouge on your forks? Your mum likes it that way. Do I need to show you how that tool? What an usual angle to have your seat. How heavy are those pedals man? Get off the brakes!!! Get on the brakes!!! Faster...faster...shit yeah that was awesome! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! If farted there. Try and boost it this time. I'm not even sure what you were trying to do with that one. I think I glimpsed some air under both tyres at the same time. And on and on. I'm not much fun.
The weirdest bit is that you still do it when you ride by yourself...