maxxis highrollers and mobsters??? what u guys think???

MUNGUS

Pro Rider
high rollers are awesome. i have used em a lot now and love them although i prefer the slow reezay compound cos it seems not to tear off like th super tacky's. haven't used mobsters for a long time but i don't like them at all. just didn't work well. can't go wrong with either the ST or SR high roller though

Jordy

RYD4LF
bundy_rider said:
i have the highrller up front and the mobster in the rear
my god you must feel special

Mobsters are a bit on the heavy side.... highrollers grip alot better aswell

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
ok i had the same as you ...... highroller on the front ..... mobster on the back .. mobster wore out QUICKLY
so im gunna get just highrollers .... probly a 60a and a SR

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
oh and i put the highroller on backwards by accident .....

so one of the smart arse dher's says
" yea high rollers work AWESOME like back to front ...... if you roller back wards " :roll: :roll: :roll:

i dont no why but i found it funny :roll:

lotec

Banned
Fuzzy said:
highrollers dont take kindly to urban :oops:
3 words: highroller SEMI-SLICK. still got the same high roller knobs on the side but the benefits for a slick tire too, i love them for urban riding and djing...

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
2_fast_4_u said:
bundy_rider said:
i have the highrller up front and the mobster in the rear
my god you must feel special

Mobsters are a bit on the heavy side.... highrollers grip alot better aswell
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'd go a 2.5 high roller slow reezay on the front with either that or a 2.5 minion slow reezay rear...

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Remember to mess around with pressure as well, finding a good tyre pressure is key for good grip.

Slow reezay seem to be the pic of the compund, its really a happy medium between super soft and super hard. If your keen for racing, try some super tackies for that extra bit of 'braap'!

Im running a minion and high roller, both slow reezay

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
high roller all the way, i use super tackey and there quite good, cant compare em to the slow reezay. what type of riding u doing, cauz the high roller best for dh fr dj and the mobster xc

toodles

Wheel size expert
Slow Reezay high rollers F & R, with a 2.5 on the back and a 2.7 up front. They work great but the SR compound might be a bit soft for a rear as it's not surviving well. Might chuck a 60 on there next and see if it puts up more of a fight. Great value tires anyway - stuff paying $140 for intense or michelins...

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when i had highroller on the front it was awsome, even though there was shit all tred left. it never slips out on me.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, Highrollers are the go. My new ride came with 2.35 highrollers and I was initially a bit bummed. I thought they'd be way too skinny but they grip really well and are lightning fast. I rate 'em bigtime. It still looks wierd though, it wasn't long ago I was on 3.0 tyres.

brettly

Likes Dirt
yep..im using high rollers 2.35 f/r on me XC come DH(4 inch rear) bike, havnt had any probs with em....cant wait to give the Minions a go but.

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, i have a set of High Rollers (2.7 f and 2.5 r) and a pair of Minions (both 2.5) both in the slow reezay compound, Havent had any problems with either.
as Toodles said the rear SR's wear fairly quickly, but the price makes up for that

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
HR once again - i have 2.35x60a compound for just regular days riding, 2.5x40a compound for racing and as a spare I have a set of 2.5x50z compound, which is what i used at thredbo all last summer and it worked great and fine... hell i even used them in the mud and stayed upright! luv 'em...

Murf

Likes Dirt
ive got mobsters front and back and they are fine, the have lots of grip. but i would rather harder compaud cause i mostly ride around on the road and stuff.