Sold Maxxis Minion tyres, 29 x 2.3, DHF (x1), SS (x2)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Item: Maxxis Minion DHF 29 x 2.3 3C/EXO/TR <<< SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
Item Condition: New
Reason for selling: Moving to a lighter option
Price and price conditions: $40 plus post
Extra Info: What's to say, it's a Minion!
Pictures: See below

Item: Maxxis Minion SS 29 x 2.3 Silkworm/EXO/TR <<< SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Item: Maxxis Minion SS 29 x 2.3 Silkworm/EXO/TR <<< SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'll take the 2nd Minion SS please.

And if for any reason the DHF buyer dips out, I'm in for sure ;)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ardent Race 29 x 2.35 with all the bells & whistle letters & numbers. Likely gone from over-tyred to under-tyred but hey, it's an experiment.

Ripmo was always going to be a trail bike, can put the current Minions back on for a Canberra trip or whatnot, we will see!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
That's really interesting and the pretty much the opposite journey from my Ripmo. I started with DHF/DHRII 2.5WT, then went to the Conti Der Baron & Trail King combo (prob the best combo of Grip/Rolling I've run), back to a DHF / Reckon combo (which was a really good one, better than Ardent's I've run in the past of the back).

But, with the introduction of a free (well, mostly) Fuel EX Carbon into the stable which now covers "trail" duty - or will, once the WeeRide is off it, I decided to take the Ripmo back to Full Nduro.

It started with a -2 Works (64deg HA) and DHF/DHRII 2.5WT combo, but to further experiment for the last few weeks it's been running in Mullet, 165mm Crank, 64deg HA (-1.5 works installed), DHF Exo+ 2.5WT Front, DHRII Exo+ 2.5WT + Cushcore Rear, for lots of Pure Grip Smashy Smashy fun!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
WT ain't an option for me as I'm still rocking 30mm/24mm ext/int rims. I'd have likely chosen a Rekon 2.6" up front if not.

I'd like to stretch my legs more on the Ripmo but riding road between trails is a chore on Minions. Let's see if I can get away with the Ardent Racesesss.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ah yeah, skinny rims limit beefy tyres. Not necessarily a bad thing though, as I agree riding the Minion DH Double on the road is a ball ache. And if your target Ripmo build is "long legged trail bike" then the skinnier, lighter, rims are a good thing.

I went with SC Reserve 30's when I built this bike, so WT is pretty much always the option. For the grippy front and loose back, I did enjoy the DHF/Rekon combo I must say. And if the Ripmo ever goes back to the "1 bike" setup, I'll run that or the Conti combo again to balance the factors of grip and RR well.