maxxis minnion 2.5s on '03 stinky

Mommers

Likes Dirt
im not to sure if it will fit but today i saw in my lbs the 2.35 minions front and rear specific dual ply.

lotec

Banned
should do, a white tigre 2.5 just fits and thats about equivilant to a maxis 2.7 so id say yes not sure about forks but they say they can fit a 2.5 inch hookworm easaly so why not?

struggles

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, I will buy a set now. The 2.5 hookworms fit with heaps of room, They even fit on my giant hardtail. So the minnions should fit.

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh youll prob fit it in the front no dubt about it in the back they can hold 3 inch in the back

lotec

Banned
i wouldnt bet on that miket i had a stinky deelux and there was virtually no room for mud with a 2.5 inch tioga white tigre..... and if your too lazy to keep your wheels dead straight (also like me) i wouldnt run more than a 2.5 tioga or a 2.7 maxxis MAYBE no way a 3....

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no my mate runs a 3 inch tire on his 03 stinky and his rim is bent and it doesnt rub intense 3 inch it is

lotec

Banned
well amybe theres mnore clearence in a stinky than a deelux? :? or maybe im thinking of my p.3 and are intense 3"s as big as a gazaloddi 3"..... O INTENSE 3" dotn they only come in a 24" so does he have a 24" rear wheel...? that would explain a lot :wink:

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh thats wat i was just thinking he does have24 i wouldnt wanna ride a stinky with a 26 your arse hits the wheel to much

lotec

Banned
i went arse over kite dont a set of stairs cause my arse hit the wheel wen i put my weight back over it and the wheel locked and the bike kinda just...... flipped and i managed to get out of it WITHOUT EVEN A SCRATCH (just a REALLY sore arse lol)

bazza

look at me
just stick with the 2.5's they will roll faster and will be lighter than your 2.7s. just make sure you get the 2ply (sidewall thickness) and if you want your tyres to last get the standard ones (no slowreazy or super tacky or other name written on them) ive had a rear minion for a year now! while mates have run the slowrezzays and only got a couple of months out of them. however the other compounds offer better grip compared to the standard ones. so really its about wether you want long lasting tyre that do the job or great tyres taht dont last as long. just make sure you get the 2ply if you are doing dh!!! or heavy street riding! trust me they are worth the wait if you ahve to order them in!