Maydena Bike Park

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Maydena has updated operating days.

Also slight price rises but it's bugger all for the quailty trails you get to ride. Considering some jokers charge more for a couple of hundred metre drop through mediocre crap.

Well, fuck. Next month I'll be working half an hour away and have booked accommodation in Maydena. Didn't even consider that I wouldn't get access at all.

Is there anywhere to ride that's not in the bike park? Or is it just that there will be no support there?

Last edited:
Sorry, but we haven’t been open in July for a few years now. None of our recent operational changes have had any impact on this season. The park is completely shut through the winter period- all trails are closed (closed June 25- September 30). Hopefully you can make it back some other time.

Well, fuck. Next month I'll be working half an hour away and have booked accommodation in Maydena. Didn't even consider that I wouldn't get access at all.

Is there anywhere to ride that's not in the bike park? Or is it just that there will be no support there?

Cardy George

Sorry, but we haven’t been open in July for a few years now. None of our recent operational changes have had any impact on this season. The park is completely shut through the winter period- all trails are closed (closed June 25- September 30). Hopefully you can make it back some other time.
Makes sense, I just hadn't considered it. Until I changed jobs just going to Tasmania at all was just a wish. Let alone taking a bike too.

I'm working in Bushy Park, it's it worth changing my accommodation to the Hobart side, is there anything over there worth investigating?

Cardy George

It could be a little chilly in July. Would be thinking sub-10 maximums and close to 0 mins. Not my kind of riding weather
Lol. In that case the only difference between there and where I live is it will be a little wetter.

The way the contract is written pretty much guarantees this is a one and done kind of trip. Cold riding is better than no riding!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Lol. In that case the only difference between there and where I live is it will be a little wetter.

The way the contract is written pretty much guarantees this is a one and done kind of trip. Cold riding is better than no riding!
Some of the pictures of riders starting Skyline with wet snow/slush puddles makes me brrrrrrr...

30yrs in Ireland and I'm 100% acclimatised to warm Aussie (dry) weather.

There's a few Hobart locals here, maybe North-South track or something, from what I remember the Mehan range trails look like they would drain well.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Plenty of winter riding in and around Hobart, e.g. North/ South although the bottom end at Glenorchy is closed currently, Meehan range, South Hobart (Drops, Upper Luge, Slides, Yellow Hippo, Tip Top all drain well). You could get accommodation in New Norfolk, then all of these trails are within 40 minutes drive.

teK--

Eats Squid
Hey burners, is anyone aware of a luggage storage option in town?

We are checking out of accom in morning and can fit in half day of riding if we can stash our stuff somewhere, since we dont have our own vehicle.

Cheers!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

We are checking out of accom in morning and can fit in half day of riding if we can stash our stuff somewhere, since we dont have our own vehicle.

Cheers!
There's a few places like this that might help.
Bounce: Luggage Storage Near Me - Left Luggage & Lockers (usebounce.com)

Search | Stasher - Luggage Storage

Luggage Locker Hobart – Stasher – Luggage Storage Hobart

Or just dump it at @Haakon's house ;)

teK--

Eats Squid
Worth asking politely at the park, they may have a secure back office where a paying patron could leave a bag or two for a few hours.
Thanks will do.

Cheers mate!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Cheers!

I would be shocked if the accommodation won't hold onto it for you.

Otherwise I'm hamboner. The old hand it in to last and found has worked for me a few times with smaller items like shoes or a jumper.

nathanm

Eats Squid

Cheers!
Sorry mate I'm in Derby or I could have happily sold it, sorry, stashed it in my car for you.

Last resort take it to Roll Cycles and see if they can stash it downstairs for you. Tell them I sent you to ensure they ask you "who"?

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cheers!
Hobart? When are you coming through?

jrewing

Eats Squid

Cheers!
Im driving down tomorrow. How much stuff you got? Can chuck it in my ute

teK--

Eats Squid
We had a ripper time!

4 days in total; 2 with torrential rain and the 4th day being hero dirt.

Shame that some tracks closed for access to prep trails for Hardline, but still plenty to keep 4 days covered. Some h000ge features to gawk at. Park was dead quiet despite being a long weekend.

Thankfully the only casualties are all the bearings to replace from the mud and grit.

Kudos to all who offered help re storage. Our Abnb ended up letting us check out in arvo, so it was a mad rush to get cleaned, packed, and to the airport, but still worth it!

Can't wait to go back.

A quick edit for youz: Insta

20240127_103515.jpg