Maydena Bike Park

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'll be staying in Maydena with the family in January after doing a bit of white water rafting on the Franklin.

But unlikely to be riding as I'm the only rider in the mob and haven't been part of the organisation of this part of the trip...so close and yet so far.

And yet as a mostly XC rider with minimal gravity experience...this might be for the better!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Sure nobody would notice if you sneaked a bike over with you.
I'd have to find a spot for it for ten days whilst paddling the river. And the vehicle that we are using doesn't have the capacity to carry a bike either...

I could hire but there just isn't time.....

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd have to find a spot for it for ten days whilst paddling the river. And the vehicle that we are using doesn't have the capacity to carry a bike either...

I could hire but there just isn't time.....
There's always time! Seriously unless you live in Tassie you'll kick yourself for not finding a way.

rstim

Likes Dirt
I'll be staying in Maydena with the family in January after doing a bit of white water rafting on the Franklin.

But unlikely to be riding as I'm the only rider in the mob and haven't been part of the organisation of this part of the trip...so close and yet so far.

And yet as a mostly XC rider with minimal gravity experience...this might be for the better!
The Franklin is a magic trip one of the best things I've done you'll love it I'm sure!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
but there just isn't time.....
Maybe next time then... we did the 1 month tour Dec16/Jan17. Rode Derby for 2 days on my pub bike which was built of spare parts.
Back in 5 weeks exactly... Fri 4th Jan till 26th for an all riding hol except Bruny Island and a return to Cradle mt... need to keep the shuttle bunny happy with a break.
8 nights in Derby, wonder how many Black Stump shuttles she will do ?

rstim

Likes Dirt
Maybe next time then... we did the 1 month tour Dec16/Jan17. Rode Derby for 2 days on my pub bike which was built of spare parts.
Back in 5 weeks exactly... Fri 4th Jan till 26th for an all riding hol except Bruny Island and a return to Cradle mt... need to keep the shuttle bunny happy with a break.
8 nights in Derby, wonder how many Black Stump shuttles she will do ?
What ever you thought you would do it will be more now that the new jump trail Air ya garn is open, it's the express lane back to the trailhead. You can beat the shuttle back down, sing out if you want another riding buddy I'm local.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

You can beat the shuttle back down, sing out if you want another riding buddy I'm local.
Been scoping out the new stuff online, Kingswall, Cumma Gutza, Roxanne and Air Ya Garn. Got my 2 boys with me but they move pretty quick, got room for another but bike rack only takes 3, might be able to fit elsewhere... free shuttles compliments of the shuttle bunny.

Got 4 nights at "Left of Field" caravan park in Maydena, will book def shuttles for the first day then see how things go, might do a half day of lower trails then book another shuttle day before we leave. Going to spend a day at Strathgordon and Creepy Crawly trail.

ozzybmx

Awesome ! I wouldn't ever visit Tassie without going there, its a fu%&ing magical place.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So I got the all clear last night to do a 4-5 day midweek mtb trip in January. Was thinking of hitting up Maydena or Derby.

@silentbutdeadly and @ozzybmx when are you guys going to be down there? Are any other burners interested in a meet up?

Also what bikes are you taking? If I was stuck only taking one bike I thought I would take my downhill and actually learn to ride the heavy beast. But I could be talked into taking a second all mountain bike (Liteville).

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Take the DH if you are doing Maydena, but if you are hitting up Derby you'll need something that can do a bit of pedalling.

ozzybmx

Also what bikes are you taking?
Derby 4th-9th Jan and back at the end of the trip on 22nd-25th... Before the ferry back, just in case we didn't get enough. Maydena 14th-16th, only factored in 1 day full shuttles, will see how we go if we do an Enduro shuttle on one of the other days.

Hoping also to do the Mersey trails, Mehan Ranges (Clarence) and back for another run of the North-South Track on Wellington.

We are more interested in Enduro/Trail rather than DH/gravity so more focused on Derby and other stuff.

Riding my Evil Following, boys are on 120mm HardTails

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Derby 4th-9th Jan and back at the end of the trip on 22nd-25th... Before the ferry back, just in case we didn't get enough. Maydena 14th-16th, only factored in 1 day full shuttles, will see how we go if we do an Enduro shuttle on one of the other days.

Hoping also to do the Mersey trails, Mehan Ranges (Clarence) and back for another run of the North-South Track on Wellington.

We are more interested in Enduro/Trail rather than DH/gravity so more focused on Derby and other stuff.

Riding my Evil Following, boys are on 120mm HardTails
That sounds perfect. I was thinking week of the 14th for Maydena. Mind if I hang out with you and the boys?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk