Mazoochi 888's

Ty

Eats Squid
ok what do yall think 888 stands for? 8 inchs of travel? 8 adjustments (4 adjustments per leg, rebound, preload, lo/hi speed compression?) 8 inch rotors only (i'm really pushing it here)

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
4x an orange 222 :)

I dunno, fork makers are liking the bigger numbers these days...

out with the zocchi 1s/2s/3s etc and in with the 888s/150s......

Ty

Eats Squid
z150 = 150 mm of travel, sorry i'm just used to pro audio gear where every name means something, 888 AD/DA converter = 8 in/8out/8midi, 196m sound card = 196 K sample rate etc you can normaly get alot of info from names i've found.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Yeah, I get your point. I'm thinking tho, that not everything has to have a meaning. But then again, if the engineers of these new creations have some sort of input into the naming of things you know there are going to be some wacked numbers in there somewhere.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahah, Pana, naming this realy isn't as easy as you are putting it out to be. What is the use of having a name if it means nothing? Also, it is alot easier to name something if the name as a meaning. Go build a track then sit down at the end of it and try and think of a name, if nothing has happened during the building, then the task is rather hard to get a decent name.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
lol, any track I have built had the prefix 'meat' in it... it was pre-determined :)

meat-bix is in my backyard :)

Unfortunatley meat-bix is more of an abandoned project, hopefully one day it will be completed and achieve the glorious status it was meant to have.

Along the lines of names meaning anything.. I'm not sure meat has any basis.. but then again.. I'm one strange mutha.. :)

S.

ex offender
Ty` said:
ok it's 8 inchs, 8 pounds, 8 inch rotor

(thanks Incubus @ ridemonkey)
Or 8", 8lbs, $8k
Or 2.8 tyre clearance, or 8 bolts holding it together, or 8 prototypes exist, or 8 biscuits or 8....

Don't believe everything you read mate! Those are purely rumours from the over-self-educated crew at RM ;)

xxsethsxx

Likes Bikes
Yeah, DHing is just like skiing, def. need that $$$. But looks like another good fork so it makes my next decision even tougher.