AM Mean green DVO/Liteville Machine

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ok quick update.

Replaced the 150mm 30.9 DVO Garnet dropper which had a shim with a 160mm 34.9 Revive. To be honest there's not a lot in it. The Garnet feels more solid and has an externally accessible air valve. The Revive is easier to actuate and has a smoother action.

Replaced the Hope RX4 (nee E4) calipers with XT m8020 4 pots. The RX4 calipers are 50 grams lighter per caliper so they are going on the Orbea Occam with some XTR trail levers.

XT 4 pots have more power but with the same compound pads (Uberbike race matrix) I wouldn't say there has been a huge loss in modulation. The most noticeable difference is the extra lever pull required to reach the contact point. I'm also trying some Juice lubes mineral oil but I'm not expecting to notice any difference over Shimano mineral oil.

Finally, got the DVO Topaz back on the bike after having a weird problem with the negative air spring. I'm running the Topaz at max pressure and air was escaping the positive air spring into the negative air spring so I wasn't getting full travel. Simon at Mtb suspension centre replaced the DVO seals with a Monarch plus seal kit which has slightly thicker o-rings and the shock has been working perfectly ever since.

Apart from the Topaz hiccup, the bike is running great. Not just great but freaking awesome. It's hard to describe how good the suspension package is on this bike. It's very active but is always well damped. This gives oodles of traction and just makes it a super comfortable ride.

If you're on a Fox 36 and find it too harsh, you just have to try a DVO Diamond or Onyx SC.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok quick update.

Replaced the 150mm 30.9 DVO Garnet dropper which had a shim with a 160mm 34.9 Revive. To be honest there's not a lot in it. The Garnet feels more solid and has an externally accessible air valve. The Revive is easier to actuate and has a smoother action.

Replaced the Hope RX4 (nee E4) calipers with XT m8020 4 pots. The RX4 calipers are 50 grams lighter per caliper so they are going on the Orbea Occam with some XTR trail levers.

XT 4 pots have more power but with the same compound pads (Uberbike race matrix) I wouldn't say there has been a huge loss in modulation. The most noticeable difference is the extra lever pull required to reach the contact point. I'm also trying some Juice lubes mineral oil but I'm not expecting to notice any difference over Shimano mineral oil.

Finally, got the DVO Topaz back on the bike after having a weird problem with the negative air spring. I'm running the Topaz at max pressure and air was escaping the positive air spring into the negative air spring so I wasn't getting full travel. Simon at Mtb suspension centre replaced the DVO seals with a Monarch plus seal kit which has slightly thicker o-rings and the shock has been working perfectly ever since.

Apart from the Topaz hiccup, the bike is running great. Not just great but freaking awesome. It's hard to describe how good the suspension package is on this bike. It's very active but is always well damped. This gives oodles of traction and just makes it a super comfortable ride.

If you're on a Fox 36 and find it too harsh, you just have to try a DVO Diamond or Onyx SC.

I have always loved the Litevilles. They had some nice little details and unique suspension. Haven't heard or seen much of them the last few years though.

Oddjob

I have always loved the Litevilles. They had some nice little details and unique suspension. Haven't heard or seen much of them the last few years though.
I think the 301 is up to a mk15 now and is creeping into Geometron/Nicolai territory with the geo. I have to admit I really like the 301 in short travel guise in 27.5 and can't see myself being into a monstertruck long travel 29er version.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Are you the master of the Frankenbrake? Is there are lever swap that will reduce the throw, or is it all in the caliper?

Oh, and it's a glorious thank you for the pad recommendation with the 4 pots, they're exactly what I wanted. If I could just reduce the lever throw I'd be happy as the proverbial pig

Oddjob

Are you the master of the Frankenbrake? Is there are lever swap that will reduce the throw, or is it all in the caliper?

Oh, and it's a glorious thank you for the pad recommendation with the 4 pots, they're exactly what I wanted. If I could just reduce the lever throw I'd be happy as the proverbial pig
Mwahahahahaha you just wait and see what the Rock is cooking... here's a hint.

Best way to reduce lever throw is to remove the disc, and use a piece of plastic or cardboard of appropriate thickness (eg icecream tub lid) and encourage the pistons out a bit. The problem with this is the very real risk of annoying disc rub if your disc isn't dead straight.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
[QUOTE="Oddjob, post: 3265947”]If you're on a Fox 36 and find it too harsh, you just have to try a DVO Diamond or Onyx SC.

[/QUOTE]
Or don’t try it, and not get tempted to fork out more money to replace something perfectly functional because green axle and initial suppleness.

Fucksake :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
[QUOTE="Oddjob, post: 3265947”]If you're on a Fox 36 and find it too harsh, you just have to try a DVO Diamond or Onyx SC.

Or don’t try it, and not get tempted to fork out more money to replace something perfectly functional because green axle and initial suppleness.

Fucksake :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Party pooper