AM Mean green DVO/Liteville Machine

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Build post updated with nifty details on wheels, cranks and controls.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Not going to miss the BPC on the hope lever? I use mine quiet a bit as my arthritis flares up through a big day.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The Build

Liteville has a bit of a cult following in Germany, but unlike Nicolai doesn't have much of a presence beyond Germany.
Eightyonespices is located here in SA, Liteville is sold in quite a few shops and there are as many people here in SA riding Litevilles as there are Banshee riders in the eastern states.... usually kitted out in Eightyonespices other brands, Tune, Syntace, SQ Lab, Carbocage and Formula. A lot of very bling Liteville's here in SA.

Reactions: Zaf

Oddjob

Not going to miss the BPC on the hope lever? I use mine quiet a bit as my arthritis flares up through a big day.
Ahh I see. I've never used it so won't really miss it. I sometimes muck around with lever position but thats about it.
Eightyonespices is located here in SA, Liteville is sold in quite a few shops and there are as many people here in SA riding Litevilles as there are Banshee riders in the eastern states.... usually kitted out in Eightyonespices other brands, Tune, Syntace, SQ Lab, Carbocage and Formula. A lot of very bling Liteville's here in SA.
Fair nuff. I expect you will give me a fair assessment of my ones bling value then.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Fair nuff. I expect you will give me a fair assessment of my ones bling value then.
Mate, very nice bike ! I was not putting it down in any way.

Just saying, the only Nicolai I've ever seen was my own. Liteville are not uncommon in SA due to Eightyonespices being local.

Oddjob

Mate, very nice bike ! I was not putting it down in any way.

Just saying, the only Nicolai I've ever seen was my own. Liteville are not uncommon in SA due to Eightyonespices being local.
Thanks. I just meant that you wouldn't be biased by the novelty factor when it came time to vote for the Liteville for BOTM ;).

Eightyonespices have been good to deal with and I'm glad they get some local love in SA. Hopefully I can be a good ambassador for the brand on the Sydney trails... or not when people see my total lack of style/skill/courage.

Oddjob

You guys are weirdos, bike stuff goes on bikes. My coffee machine is a 57mm portafilter so the tamper is out anyway.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What about the carbon cups?

I love that you checked to see if the tamper would work though haha

Reactions: Zaf

Oddjob

Wrapped frame in 3m tape. Decided to leave decals off. The bike will be attention grabbing enough as it is with all the bright green bits.

Finally fixed the 6mm dish on the rear wheel. See upcoming post in the f@#kwits thread.

Fitted 140mm linkage plates which nicely match the DVO Topaz. Also changed the chainstay linkage to the 27.5 setting. It's nice to see that Liteville use really high quality needle bearings and titanium bolts for their linkages.

Fitted headset, fork, stem and bars. Far out the crown is low on the Diamond. There's enough space between the legs for a 27.5x3 tyre but you would struggle to fit a 2.5 with the crown height. The photo with the fork has a 2.25 tyre fitted for reference.
The setup of the lsc/hsc controls should work well with the intended purpose of the bike, i.e. I can lock out the fork for road sections on epic rides. I'm looking forward to comparing the Sd components DVC air spring to the MRP ramp control on the Pole.

Overall really happy with how the bike is looking. The photos are from my phone and they don't do the bike justice. It practicallly glows from the forks and the polished raw alloy.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Needs green headset spacers, seat collar, seat, pedals and grips. Cable outers and brake hoses should also be green.

The raw frame looks great. The Syntace chain guide is excellent too.