Mediation on Rotorburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Thanks

FFS! A guy can't ask a question about why there are a billion bullshit pointless threads that stay open (retards type other retards names with their elbows in the BMX section anyone?) and yet his thread where he was legitimately very pissed off gets the plug pulled?

Maybe he's wrong to expect a democracy on a private site, but asking the question is hardly uber fail territory.

Frankly, I think it was a fair enough rant in the original thread, as would one (if I were to start it) on the fuktard motorist that ran down one of the folks in my Mont team and didn't even offer an apology.

For whatever reason (appears that mr BMC gohard hasn't had an opportunity to offer his side of the story) they've decided to temporarily close the thread.

John is pissed that his thread got locked when many others that degenerate to a far worse state don't get locked.

If you don't agree, have your little ROFL and STFU as far as I'm concerned, it's not your issue.

My 2c, YMMV
Thanks mate. Wasnt worth locking the thread really. Only use RB to sell stuff so probably should leave the forums to the professionals. Get more interesting debate and valued information from MTBR and they dont get trigger happy with there thread pulling.
Not one reply on the topic of censorship on RB. No point really.
Cheers
JD

dcrofty

Eats Squid
John,

As others have said you had some good points but you really did unleash the fury.

I would have said that censorship would have involved deleting what you said and banning you. I don't think that's happened although I will admit that haven't read all of the first locked thread.

You are still free to say pretty much what you want on here, the mods have suggested that the way you say it could use a little work.

Arete

Likes Dirt
JD - I see where you're coming from but it's not censorship, it's moderation - that thread was turning into a shitstorm in a bidon (see what I did there?) and it needed to close. Your point was made, it was valid, let's move on...
I guess the point is he didn't move on... he started a new thread... and when that got locked he started this thread... hence the jpeg failness of the thread.

Why censorship? Rotorfarkin is a privately owned medium pf published media - of course it's censored.

Say just hypothetically none of what John had posted was true. Let's say someone got named as the offending BMC lycra man. The next thing Scott and co. could potentially hear about it would be a court summons for defamation. Unlikely but possible.

Dozer pulled the pin on the thread for a legitimate reason. Want free speech? start your own site.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Not one reply on the topic of censorship on RB. No point really.
Come on dude, that just makes you look like you've got really big blinkers on.
You may have noticed that no one here is trying to censor your discussion on censorship. I can see you've already noticed that there isn't much of a discussion anyway, but I'd suggest that that may have more to do with the way it was all initiated; you were fired up, I understand that, but surely if you read back over it now you could see that it probably wasn't the most conducive of conversation starters.

Having said all that, there does seem to be something more than jpeg expression coming out of this now so I won't lock it. I will however advise that I'll happily ban the next person posting crappy jpegs or the like.
(Unless they really make me laugh...)

binner

Hath shat hymself
just me

Geebus, I'm trying real hard not to reply and get involved any deeper.
JD was trying to vent a bit and let some punk know that his actions on Saturday were unessasary and out of order.So yeah, he got a bit hot under the collar and vented, wouldn't you if it were you and your riding buddies in that same scenario ?. My guess is yes, you would.
As usual, a band of mealymouthed farkiners, oops rotorburners come in and try on their usual banter to see how far they can get.
Like Quintin stated "I rest my case".... this thread too, is turning into a flaming game ontowards JD and others that are trying to make constructive posts . I really would love to be in an actual boardroom meeting with some of you guys, it would be like watching a those crazy videos of early flying machines, you would all crash into a heap. I guess this is why the internet is sooo good to use as you don't have to think on your feet and have constructive, educational, replies at the ready . You got time to think and go search the net for dumbass pictures you can copy n paste to make a really constructive post....:rolleyes:

JD, good on you for posting the first thread about the BMC fool. Like myself and a few others on here, don't let it get to you and just ride. I really believe in K A R M A these days..............

I can't wait to see what comes next.....:cool:

Leave you to it..........out

Big JD

Wheel size expert
See your point

John,

As others have said you had some good points but you really did unleash the fury.

I would have said that censorship would have involved deleting what you said and banning you. I don't think that's happened although I will admit that haven't read all of the first locked thread.

You are still free to say pretty much what you want on here, the mods have suggested that the way you say it could use a little work.
Thanks Crofty, l see you point. Did get rather worked up and perhaps moderation not censorship should have been in the title. Christos explanation is crystal.
JD - I see where you're coming from but it's not censorship, it's moderation - that thread was turning into a shitstorm in a bidon (see what I did there?) and it needed to close. Your point was made, it was valid, let's move on...

It was getting alittle loose and unruly. I should not have started another thread rather contact the mods for clarity cause it stuck me as odd. The hero comment was the ball tearer for me. I made my point, had my rant and got a response and some clarity / different points of view and will move on. I could have certainly toned down the content / argument.

JD

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
Hey John. I would like to appologise in advanced, if i ever say anything nasty to you.

I don't want poop in my letterbox

Thanks.
Nic

smeck

Likes Dirt
............As usual, a band of mealymouthed farkiners, oops rotorburners come in and try on their usual banter to see how far they can get. Like Quintin stated "I rest my case".... this thread too, is turning into a flaming game ontowards JD and others that are trying to make constructive posts . I really would love to be in an actual boardroom meeting with some of you guys, it would be like watching a those crazy videos of early flying machines, you would all crash into a heap. I guess this is why the internet is sooo good to use as you don't have to think on your feet and have constructive, educational, replies at the ready . You got time to think and go search the net for dumbass pictures you can copy n paste to make a really constructive post....:rolleyes:................
The problem (as I saw it anyway) was there was nothing constructive in JD's first or second thread. You guys went for a ride, some stuff went down that was both unfortunate and distasteful, and JD come on here to rant about it. Dozer locked the thread once it was obvious the thread had no real discussion going on and that nothing constructive was going to be achieved. The comments Dozer made were probably over the top, but so be it. JD certainly stepped over the mark with a few comments, its not like he was banned. The average age of posters on here is something like 15, the Mods shut threads down once it degenrates to their level. JD himself said he only ever comes on here to sell things, perhaps if he spent some more time in the forums he'd have a better understanding of the type of moderating that occurs and what he can and can't get away with.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I havn't seen the thread in question, but I will agree that the consistancy of moderation on this site is non-existant. Not a complaint per se, and probably just a result of different mods having different personalities etc, but never the less can be pretty annoying some times.

fairy1

Banned
One thing I would really love to know is how come rotorburners can rip on retards, fat people, fat retards, and any one else seen to be as weak yet as soon as someone has a dig at the but divers they get banned?

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gay people might be cyclists... fat people and retards probably aint? mayb thats the thinking of it.

personaly dont get offended by gay jokes any more then people tough talking or other crap that goes on, its the internet... grow a thicker skin!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Hey. I'm moving house soon and the next place will definitely have a bathtub. I'm pretty cool for fronting up 40-50% of the overheads if one of you pricks know how to make decent and/or cheap methamphetamine!

It's just a thought....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Can't resist a reply to this..., this grown man having a cry on the internet.

Seriously mate, how old are you?

You may be a decent bloke in real life, which I doubt but here you come off as a total and complete tosser. Let me break it down for you. You had a legitimate gripe about some dude being inconsiderate on the trails at a time when your mate was in a bit of hurt. I'd be pissed at the BMC guy as well. However, instead of actually going and confronting the bloke and dealing with him directly you come on to the internet, act like a tough guy from a nice and anonymous distance and then proceed to actually inform everyone how much of how tough you are. Do I have to spell out how childish and pointless that is? All you've done is display your own redundancy. Any tough guy worth his salt would've fronted the bloke then and there or stayed with his injured mate, sucked it up and dealt with the fact that there are dickheads in this world.

But you didn't. You came on here and carried on like a fool. Then when Dozer locked your thread for what I see as good reason you start another one. Then when that was locked (I would have banned you) you start crying about censorship proving you don't even know what censorship is. Locking a thread because a bloke is being a dick and removing content in order to gain advantage or disadvantage others are two completely different concepts. To think that your views on anything are meaningful enough to anyone that they would need to censor what you say indicates how important yo think you are.

Mate, I'm no small bloke either and I am belittled by other blokes on here. Two examples are NCR and Binaural. They could probably crush most people's heads with their hands however I am yet to see these guys come on here and carry on like you have. There are also other blokes on here who are trained and experienced in tracking people down and switching their lights out but they never talk shit either. So it really does bring me to the conclusion that you are more than likely a mere shadow of the man you think you are.

And the fact that you think that there are inherent rights on a privately owned website where freedom of opinion is even a concept let alone something that should be protected also speaks volumes of your education and basic knowledge of how the world turns. You'll probably come back with something just as meaningless and hollow as that with which you started out and which I will more than likely ignore..., or just ban you because it will give us mods and admins a fantastic laugh in our private section. Or you'll tell me that it's blokes like me who cause you to keep to just trading stuff on the site. And that is just fine with me as I'd much prefer you to refrain from posting and annoying the rest of us with your childish shit as much as possible.

But you keep on taking the internet as seriously as possible, mate. Gives the rest of us a good chuckle!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You seriously think I locked the thread because of a censorship issue? I locked that thread because it turned into chest beating episode where people who "usually don't post on this forum" yet have thousands of posts came out of their little protected shelter and had a cry.
Yeah it was unfortunate about yourmate and the dude who rode past but I didn't lock the thread based on that part of the story. I locked it to stop more bullshit from forum heroes. You shoul dbe thanking me for saving you some more heartache that would've been caused when the other side of the hero brigade arrived and went to town. Not everyone agrees when they see a thread about someone having a cry about an accident on the trail, you obviously came on here lookign for the dude so you could ave words with him.
For the record, this site isn't over moderated, I reckon it should be moderated more. Everyone that uses the site is educated and knows how to drive a computer (that was proved when THEY READ THE RULES) so they should attempt to adhere to the way things have been requested.
You know the saying "If you don't like it............"

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Mediation not censorship

Right gang, this shit storm should end here. With me. I started it and it was illconcieved and poorly thought out............ wait on , l didnt think of the bigger picture at all. Had blinkers on.

Imagine if because of my rant every BMC rider in lycra was getting hassled out on the trail. I was never swinging the tough guy routine with the purpose of tracking down the guy and punching his lights out....................... only to humiliate him/ get him to consider his response next time. Any mention of violence was purely in jest and to embellish a good yarn. Well it was to me Johnny. Just wanted to highlight that guys poor actions and there were a thousand ways l could have done that differently.

Rotorburn is not the forum / venue for that sort of thing and l can see why the Dozer pulled it. Perhaps it was my inexperience at these things and the reasons why it was pulled were unclear (to me anyway). Should never have started the second thread rather contacted the mods for clarity. Only Christo thread last night really made me understand the bigger picture (that it was getting out of hand - I thought it was just hotting up - it was not constructive).

So once again l am sorry for stirring up the nest and will banned myself to voyeur statis. It got bigger than l intended. I was wrong to do it like l did.

Good bye

JD

P.S - besides the obvious lessions learnt the biggest l gained from the experience was to ensure you have Ambulance Cover. Signed up for three years as soon as l got home. Ant should have been in an Ambulance due to the nature of his crash but with cover cover cash came into the equation. When it comes to your health at times like those, cash shouldnt count.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get more interesting debate and valued information from MTBR
Now I know you are trolling. That place has gone to the dogs. No, wait, that's unfair to the dogs. It pains me sifting through the crap to find stuff of worth over there these days.

And to go with the theme of this thread, if anything upsets one of the MTBR advertisers, they pull threads/ban people/kill forums without even batting an eyelid - on a so called consumer review site. But these are privately owned forums, so they've got the right to do that.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
P.S - besides the obvious lessions learnt the biggest l gained from the experience was to ensure you have Ambulance Cover.
Absolutely. Everyone should, especially if there's a chance you'll go for a helicopter ride (pretty good chance as a mtb'er).

I don't know how it works in Victoria, but here in the People's Republic of NSW, private hospital cover includes Ambo cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.