MegNeg setup ( Not the shark kind)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm running a MegNeg on my Cube Stereo on a Rockshox Super Delux select plus shock. I've had it for a bit and finally decided it's the firm midstroke that I don't like. Initial compliance is good but the midstroke is far too harsh and I'm struggling to get full travel. At the moment I'm been running no negative bands and 1 positive spacer. I'm going to remove the positive spacer and add 2 bands. My thoughts are that should lower the shock pressure slightly, hopefully decrease the firmness in midstroke and allow me to get to full travel. Any Megneg users here? Am I on the right track?

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a megneg on my privateer 161. I really like it. I'd drop the pressure in 5 psi increments until you start getting near full travel as a start and then start tuning the mid stroke and progression with bands. I'd also wind off any compression damping as a base too.

DMan

I've got a megneg on my privateer 161. I really like it. I'd drop the pressure in 5 psi increments until you start getting near full travel as a start and then start tuning the mid stroke and progression with bands. I'd also wind off any compression damping as a base too.
I'm at 30% sag with the air pressure and still can't use full travel.

DMan

I realise it's very bike dependant, but how many tokens and bands are you running? If you're feeling brave tell me your weight too ;)

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im 80kg and running the shock at 200psi, 1 + air can token and 1 - air can band (i think, might be 2). I run mine at closer to 35% sag.