Melbourne 12 hour Enduro

osmund

Squid
So last weekend I participated in my first XC race. I was in a mixed team of 4 and we decided to call it an event since none of us were racing; we were there to experience a XC race as a participant.

It was such an interesting experience...And I am not sure where to start.

It was billed as a race for any any ability, but to tell you the truth I found it hard and the experienced XC riders on our teams didn't think it was really for any ability.

The course was really easy in parts but then quite technically difficult in others. It was really, really rocky so my my shit hard tail acted like a pogo stick most of the time. However, my husband on his lovely dualie had a great time.

Even though I heard a lot of "track" calls behind me, most of the riders that went past were really nice; either asking how I was going or giving me encouragement. I really appreciated it.

I enjoyed the atmosphere and really enjoyed being part of it, even though I was only there to survive and not win. It was such a change from being the support person for husband and friend's teams over the years.

I was proud of my effort. I was able to do 2 laps, which I know isn't a lot but I improved my time on the second lap and was able to ride more of the single track so I was happy. It was the most XC, well actual time in the saddle, I have ever done.

I would love to hear from any other women that were there at the event/race! :)

Bethany

Likes Bikes
i wasnt at that 12 hour but last weekend went to watch a firend at the Yarramundi 12 hour. COnsider yourself lucky. At yarramundi it rained.. like im talking poured rain the whole time i was their and it was freezing! the guys were just covered in mud and the track went to crap. Ended up calling the race off...
Glad to hear your go was a bit better then that!

Bethany

Likes Bikes
i just went for a ride and was thinking.. when i was at the 12 hour i counted 4 girls pass he part of track i was watching... im sure their are more girls their then 4 but its still lackin. We should screw what others think and make a team.