Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

Hope everyone's still managing to get out to some local trails in these difficult times, or keep the bike fitness up some way or another!
A lot of us either ride Silvan or want to give Silvan a go, so I’m hoping to get a bunch of us together for a post lock-down Burners celebration ride.

Everyone welcome, we can discuss trail selection around all skill and fitness levels and organize the ride to suit.

Hope to see you there!

Some trails to start discussion around:
Temple of Zoom
Igor / No Strava
To the Valley below
Lyre Lyre
Bottlecaps
JJ's
True Grit

Date – Saturday 13th June 2020
Time - 12:30pm ready for departure
Meet location – Mt Evelyn football club

In a fine balance to give members a bit of notice and also beat the weather, the date has been set for Saturday 13th June.
Hope most can make it, and we may even be at a different lock-down stage by then which should make things easier.

Interested members, if you could please copy and paste the latest version of the below list and add your details into a a post to confirm you can make it. Preferred group of course :)
Will be great to meet everyone and get out on my local trails with some like minded burners!

This will be a no drop ride, taken easy on the ups, fast as you dare on the way down!
Current government limits are set to 20 participants each for two independently run groups.

Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
Moorey
Felix
Yuley95 - Andrew
SlowMick -
wozza - Damo
The Duckmeister - Duck
Dan hail
Boom King - Andrew

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
link1896 - Mark
danncam - Campbell
danncam + 1 - Cameron Q
Kip01- tas
Kip01+1- Ryan
Kip01+1- Matty
smitho- Ollie
Plankosaurus - Dale

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yes to all of the above with a particular eagerness to include Lyre Lyre and JJs. Maybe just start at one end and work all the way across for a solid 30km/1200m o_O Lyre-JJs-Pipeline-Zoom-Valley-Igor-Bottlecaps-True Grit-beers.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m up for a solid 30k ride. Happy to ride anything put in front of me a long as there’s a few downs and fun bits.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes to all of the above with a particular eagerness to include Lyre Lyre and JJs. Maybe just start at one end and work all the way across for a solid 30km/1200m o_O Lyre-JJs-Pipeline-Zoom-Valley-Igor-Bottlecaps-True Grit-beers.
I'm always up for a solid ride ha ha. I've set the start very early arvo so we have plenty of time. Anyone can peel off as they feel like if they're running out of steam.

I think a plan would be to head over the back side early to get Lyre Lyre and JJ's done, then we can work our way back doing as many as we can until every one is happy :)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keen, havent ridden silvan yet so be good to go with people who know where they're going, question is little bike or big bike?
Good to have you there mate.
Enduro and trail rigs are the most popular on the trails we'll be riding. Your Reign would be perfect, not sure what your little bike is?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Good to have you there mate.
Enduro and trail rigs are the most popular on the trails we'll be riding. Your Reign would be perfect, not sure what your little bike is?
Little bike is my old trance, still a good bike but skinny and light weight, think i'll bring the reign for the fun factor on the downs.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That A-Frame above is the worst example you can give of Silvan, it’s a blight on the trail network.

Having taken new people into Silvan on plenty of occasions, I’ve always found people are not ready for how up and down it is.

If you can’t comfortably climb 8-900m+ in a ride, it’s not going to be fun. Be prepared to ride 10km in an hour and 300m+ of climbing to do it.