Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was keen, but it sounds like people will be riding up hills.
Am now losing interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Don't worry, we'll use all the nicer climbs lol, nothing over 9%.
Will keep the 20% fire road climbs for next time!

@tkdbboy has already kindly offered to help if anyone is not up for a 1000m day.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Great spot! Count me in.

Needs a few days to dry up after rain so worth keeping that in mind. Bottlecaps can get sliiiick.

Lyre Lyre is great. Good variety of features that link well together.

For the gravity inclined and pedalling declined fellows such as myself who required CPR at 15km , I can take bunch to do laps/session features of trails like LL, Igor/NS and JJs then link up with the rest if theres any interest? Some really nice small to medium size drops, jumps, berms and a log roll.
Good to have options, I tap out at around 500m elevation gain.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's the place like for an XC bike?
Depends how seat of the pants you enjoy your XC riding!
All rideable, but way more fun on a bigger bike.
Bottlecaps would be a no go zone on an XC bike, Temple of Zoom is quite good on an XC, used to ride it regularly on my XC hardtail.
The rest varying degrees of b lines around bigger drops and jumps but possible, not sure I would though as still quite rough at speed in the steeper sections, fun factor possibly low?

Also depending on conditions, it's an XC tyre no go zone if even a little damp ha ha.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Keep the date updated as far out as possible. Fingers crossed I'll be able to make it. Look like some ace trails around!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All,

Well, we're finally out of full lock-down and limited to groups of 10, so its been suggested to try for two groups of 10 at this stage.
Group 1 - 1000m+ / 20 - 25kms - Lead by me
Group 2 - 500 - 600m / 15ish km - Lead by @tkdbboy

Refer original post for full and final details

In a fine balance to give members a bit of notice and also beat the weather, the date has been set for Saturday 13th June.
Hope most can make it, and we may even be at a different lock-down stage by then which should make things easier.

Interested members, if you could please copy and paste the latest version of the below list and add your details into a a post to confirm you can make it. Preferred group of course :)
Will be great to meet everyone and get out on my local trails with some like minded burners!

This will be a no drop ride, taken easy on the ups, fast as you dare on the way down!

Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
teK-- - Jim
Moorey
Felix

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
Boom King - Andrew

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I'm in... Got a starting time?

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy -

wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Hi All,

Well, we're finally out of full lock-down and limited to groups of 10, so its been suggested to try for two groups of 10 at this stage.
Group 1 - 1000m+ / 20 - 25kms - Lead by me
Group 2 - 500 - 600m / 15ish km - @tkdbboy

In a fine balance to give members a bit of notice and also beat the weather, the date has been set for Saturday 13th June.
Hope most can make it, and we may even be at a different lock-down stage by then which should make things easier.

Interested members, if you could please copy and paste the latest version of the below list and add your details into a a post to confirm you can make it. Preferred group of course :)
Will be great to meet everyone and get out on my local trails with some like minded burners!

This will be a no drop ride, taken easy on the ups, fast as you dare on the way down!

Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy -
wkkie -

Cheers,
Chris
Will it be a fast paced 1000+? I got no issue with the elevation..as long as you all aren’t chasing KOM’s up the hill.
Or down.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will it be a fast paced 1000+? I got no issue with the elevation..as long as you all aren’t chasing KOM’s up the hill.
Or down.
Anyone is welcome to go for the KOM, but they will be waiting a long while at the top for me. Regroup at top and bottom of every trail, I plan on easy pace up, keep some energy for the descents :)

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
Boom King - Andrew

I need to stop making excuses and man up. I'll pass on contact details should I go missing.....[/B]