Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It's probably a good 25km and somewhere between 500 - 700m vert.
The extra trip over from JJ's to Lyre Lyre could be pretty cruisy if taken slow and all fire roads, there is no real steep pinches.
I could deal with that, what about you other group 2 shredders?

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
besides, who do you think will push you up the last 2 climbs
you won’t have laid eyes on chris/felix since the car pk
dale looks after 1 person...dale
anthony has only 1 ride in the last 2 months
teK will b descending with the 1st 2
wozza not attending
slowmick will probably b lightning fast, have biceps of steel & realised he’s too cool to hang with us

ps don’t forget the bungee cord—if it makes you happier SS left at home, rocking 9 speed all the way
Maybe I'll swap groups and grab that bungee too.

moorey

call me Mia
besides, who do you think will push you up the last 2 climbs
you won’t have laid eyes on chris/felix since the car pk
dale looks after 1 person...dale
anthony has only 1 ride in the last 2 months
teK will b descending with the 1st 2
wozza not attending
slowmick will probably b lightning fast, have biceps of steel & realised he’s too cool to hang with us

ps don’t forget the bungee cord—if it makes you happier SS left at home, rocking 9 speed all the way
Pfft. Go 8x. Fit my shifter before we start

kip01

Likes Dirt
So are we good for more people now? I have another two first timer Irish fellas that want to join group 2

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
@tkdbboy what are your thoughts? Sounds like a good combo with Lyre Lyre added in. What sort of elevation do you think it would be?

Hmm not 100% sure on that one as I haven't done Top Gun or True Grit in yonks so my bearings for them are off to best navigate them into a ride.

Really up to what the majority are after.
We can either ride a bunch of trails once each, which are different from eachother and you get more variety, or a single trail a few times that is a mixture of the other trails and we can session n scope features then link it all together a few times.

Silvan is broken down into 3 main areas for me, Inverness Rd (Bottlecaps), Main area? (To the valley, JJs, Igor/H2F/NoStrava), and Olinda Creek Rd (LL).
In my initial trial run (https://www.strava.com/activities/3528744172), going from the Main area to where Lyre Lyre is and back was about a trail and a half lost if you stick to one area.

Since we've got 500-600m to play with, I'd suggest sticking to one area to get the most bang for our buck before gassing out.
Plus since it's going to be a big group of us, being closer to the cars is a big bonus in case of a stack or mechanical as Silvan can be tough to navigate the first time you're there and going from one area to another on foot is a slog.

So if we stick to one area it'd be either:
-Park at Olinda Crk Rd
Lyre Lyre x 4

or

-Park at footy Field
JJs (Pending weather)
To the Valley
Igor/H2F/NoStrava
1x one of the bottom two whichever the group liked the most

There's pro's and cons to each but these two are personally the most fun routes, plus they're the drier trails this time of year.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Guys, does anyone want to switch to the big group?

I rode red hill the other day and was fucking terrified of stuff that's never given me pause before. I'm thinking a shorter ride will ease the white knuckles and give my grips a chance of retaining their intended shape...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys, does anyone want to switch to the big group?

I rode red hill the other day and was fucking terrified of stuff that's never given me pause before. I'm thinking a shorter ride will ease the white knuckles and give my grips a chance of retaining their intended shape...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
No issue with switching group mate.

Cheers

Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
Moorey
Felix
Yuley95 - Andrew
SlowMick -
wozza - Damo
The Duckmeister - Duck
Dan hail
Boom King - Andrew

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
link1896 - Mark
danncam - Campbell
Kip01- tas
Kip01+1- Ryan
smitho- Ollie
Plankosaurus - Dale

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
no fair i needed someone to b slower down the descents than me