Menai Night Rides

stinky dee

Likes Dirt
Hey all, I was wondering if someone could tell me if night rides are allowed on the trails at Menai?
If so, would anyone be keen on a regular weeknight pedal with some local riders.
I usually ride alone these days as most of my mates have stopped riding but am not keen riding at night by myself.

Luco

Likes Dirt
This would be something I'd potentially be interested in in the near future, work, wife and child permitting of course. Fricken cold in winter though!
If you wish to ride nights in a group (which is a good idea) Jason from The Bike Shed Mortdale hosts rides every Wednesday night starting at the Sutherland pump track. I've done quite a few myself and they are always very entertaining and challenging. Im assuming you have a decent light set which is imperative!

stinky dee

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I've been on one. Was good but the travel time to sutho at peak hour was stupid compared to Menai which is just around the corner.
The cold weather just makes you ride faster!
This might be hard to get organised seeing as though this thread doesn't come up on the news feed thing but if your keen for a ride pm me mate!

Luco

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I've been on one. Was good but the travel time to sutho at peak hour was stupid compared to Menai which is just around the corner.
The cold weather just makes you ride faster!
This might be hard to get organised seeing as though this thread doesn't come up on the news feed thing but if your keen for a ride pm me mate!
Yeah will do, thanks. And yes traffic is a punish! As a sales rep I was able to coordinate my territory around that Wednesday ride... Now in my new job I have to go canberra once every 2 months... What a bummer eh ;)

I'm assuming you've ridden menai already... How do you rate it? I've heard mixed reviews... Had the opportunity to go there last weekend but wasn't convinced it was gonna be more fun than kentlyn...