Crashed out somewhere
if brutal is what you're after:

BMW shin burger

woodman spikys with spike pins

Dark Cycles Arachnid (stupidly grippy.)

Tripple trap pedals

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So seeings we are looking at brutal, what about these, my 5050s with custom pins

I think any pedal can do serious damage if your keen enough to put big enough pins in ;)

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those 5050's make me want to wear shinguards even though I use clips :eek:
Lol! I run clips most of the time, they're my stuff around pedals and pedals for teh tracks i'm really unkeen on wearing clips for because I spend mroe time off the pedals than on them :p

floody

Wheel size expert
Sorry is the theme here shithouse, overpriced pedals that look 'SIIIIIIK!' but don't actually work very well*? Because that describes all of the above.

Let alone f**kin 818g for a pair of pedals? Spare me...

*Have not tried the dark cycles ones but I bet they're as pants as the rest!

fairy1

Banned
I have two sets, the first set had no play after a year with a 100kg fat prick on a hardtail so I bought another set.
My Shimano shoes lasted three months before the pedals tore through the sole, Oh yeah the Darks are made in Canada if that makes any difference.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry is the theme here shithouse, overpriced pedals that look 'SIIIIIIK!' but don't actually work very well*? Because that describes all of the above.

fearless cycles r selling them on here...and ebay (there is a plug)
but they r billet alloy = lighter than cast etc, and they have massive cut out sections they weigh bugger all, + V12's r not the lightest pedals ive ridden on but my god ive had a set running for near 8years pretty much since i got the DMR trailstar back in 98 (just sold that few months back too) quality build it comes down to. any one willing to spend the money making billet equipment is building to last a long time

cluster

Likes Dirt
I vote we make this the psycho-pedals thread!!! :p
Oh yeah, and if you value your shoes/legs then do NOT get those syncros mentals...
My brother's foot came off the pedal once (believe it or not), and he now has about a 5" long scar down his leg :eek: It was pretty gnarly.
No shinnies mind you :rolleyes:

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I vote we make this the psycho-pedals thread!!! :p
Oh yeah, and if you value your shoes/legs then do NOT get those syncros mentals...
My brother's foot came off the pedal once (believe it or not), and he now has about a 5" long scar down his leg :eek: It was pretty gnarly.
No shinnies mind you :rolleyes:

were these not named meat hooks at one point?

cluster

Likes Dirt
I think syncros have a few crazy pedals to choose from in their range. Meathooks included, don't know if theyre the same or not :confused:
Either way, they certainly name their pedals appropriately :p

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ride on Fireeye Grills. They are a fairly burly pedal. Probably struggles to compete with some of these bear traps though. They are still enough to draw the eyes at the skate park.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"Fireeye Grills"

see onece again if you want super strong quality beautiful looking components billet is the way.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The above pedals are just ridiculous, do bicycle companies now compete to produce the most brutal pedal... I can see the description: "these ... pedals are the newest in shin eating, hospital ridding madness, they provide awesome grip for both your feet and your legs..Do you want massive scars that look cool, then .... Pedals are for you!":rolleyes:

fairy1

Banned
I don't get the hating, if they are grippy as hell you have less chance of getting smacked on the shins due to slippage, but if you do you'll know it.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Have you ridden an extended period of time with mental's? Admittedly i've ever only ridden on Mental (stainless) once, but they were grippy as all f*ck. Last time I checked Hepburn used them as well.

But yes, the weight is ridiculous.

The above pedals are just ridiculous, do bicycle companies now compete to produce the most brutal pedal... I can see the description: "these ... pedals are the newest in shin eating, hospital ridding madness, they provide awesome grip for both your feet and your legs..Do you want massive scars that look cool, then .... Pedals are for you!":rolleyes:
Wow if this was their sales pitch i would buy the entire stock.

I use bear traps, since buying them ive only ever hit my shins once generally because they are so grippy and my feet never slip off. Or to fix the problem you could just wear pads.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't get the hating, if they are grippy as hell you have less chance of getting smacked on the shins due to slippage, but if you do you'll know it.

and if you are slipping off then you will soon learn not to ;) also if weight is an issue most run clips so u dont have to worry about having a big platform.

*FIX FIX*

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
I had a pair of magnesium wellgo mg1's which the pins kept getting knocked out of.So.... i screwed 20mm tec(self drilling) screws through them.Amzing gripping! Cut my self badly a couple of times just getting the bike out of the shed and when i had my foot out and hit the back of my leg.grippy though