MET Bike Helmets - Where to find in Sydney

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love MET Bike Helmets - they fit my oddly proportioned (asymmetrical skull) head very well.

Chatswood (Northside Cyclery) is not carrying them anymore, and google is not proving helpful. Anyone know where I can buy them in Sydney?

Cheers,

Andrew

imago

Likes Bikes
I love MET Bike Helmets - they fit my oddly proportioned (asymmetrical skull) head very well.

Chatswood (Northside Cyclery) is not carrying them anymore, and google is not proving helpful. Anyone know where I can buy them in Sydney?

Cheers,

Andrew
I know you said Sydney, but I had trouble tracking them down as well, so went online. I got a MET helmet from CRC not too long ago, one listed as AS/NZ standards. Turned out it was legit, silver sticker etc...

poita

Likes Dirt
I tried to find them in Canberra last year, even rang the distributor up who told me who stocked them. Went to the store only to be told by all the staff that they "don't carry anything with that name". Went to the only other store 30 mins drive away who said they couldn't get them. Gave up and bought another brand as distributor wouldn't sell direct. Good luck, hopefully you don't have to drive to the other side of Sydney to get the helmet you want! Have you tried other brands? I have had luck with newer models of brands that previously just didn't fit.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I tried to find them in Canberra last year, even rang the distributor up who told me who stocked them. Went to the store only to be told by all the staff that they "don't carry anything with that name". Went to the only other store 30 mins drive away who said they couldn't get them. Gave up and bought another brand as distributor wouldn't sell direct. Good luck, hopefully you don't have to drive to the other side of Sydney to get the helmet you want! Have you tried other brands? I have had luck with newer models of brands that previously just didn't fit.
Hey Poita,

Which brand have you switched too? Perhaps we have a similar shape noggin :p

Cheers,

Andrew

C?n bán LK7 ô 29 d? án Tân Tri?u, di?n tÃ*ch 60,6m2 x 4 t?ng, hu?ng dông Nam, du?ng tru?c nhÃ* 13m, m?t ti?n r?ng >5m
chi ti?t xin vui lòng liên h?: Mr Son 0909858789

wombat

Lives in a hole

Cheers,

Andrew
If you're happy to wait a couple of weeks you should see it get much easier to find them. The Australian distributor has changed recently and the new suppliers should have stock very shortly (although you may have to wait a bit longer for things like the Parabellum, which is apparently coming a bit later).

Hit up any shop that sells Merida / Lapierre / Norco and they should be able to give you all the info you need.

poita

Likes Dirt
Hey Poita,

Which brand have you switched too? Perhaps we have a similar shape noggin :p

Cheers,

Andrew
I am currently running a fox striker, I think it's a recent lighter upgrade by fox of the flux. I had actually previously tried a flux and didn't like it, but I think this has the same shell. Weird! Found them available at a few shops too!

poita

Likes Dirt
If you're happy to wait a couple of weeks you should see it get much easier to find them. The Australian distributor has changed recently and the new suppliers should have stock very shortly (although you may have to wait a bit longer for things like the Parabellum, which is apparently coming a bit later).

Hit up any shop that sells Merida / Lapierre / Norco and they should be able to give you all the info you need.
That it's good news, which importer is taking over?

wombat

Lives in a hole
That it's good news, which importer is taking over?
Advance Traders (Merida Norco Lapierre etc.)
I'm keen to have a look at some of the newer models. Last time I tried one I was in between sizes with the Veleno, so hopefully I'll have more luck with some of the newer models.
I quite like the look of the Terra, not that I really need a new helmet...

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Advance Traders (Merida Norco Lapierre etc.)
I'm keen to have a look at some of the newer models. Last time I tried one I was in between sizes with the Veleno, so hopefully I'll have more luck with some of the newer models.
I quite like the look of the Terra, not that I really need a new helmet...
Cheers for the heads up!

ChopSticks

Banned
Slightly dig

sold the super comfortable, but slightly heavy and Uber hot TLD A1 helmet and looking for a replacement

Short list comes down to a bell super ($100~), POC trabec ($180) and the MET Parabellum...
I love the intergrated Gopro mount on the met and Super (great for mounting light on)
Read plenty of reviews, and the bell super suffers from weigh and lack of ventilation. So that kinda kills it for me (lack of colours too)

next is the POC
rode with it at stromlo and really liked the air flow... Plenty of colours, Abit more exy, but still heavyish

some more reading brought me to the Parabellum which is a featherweight compared to everything else in the category!!!!!
reports on airflow seem to be good along with fit/comfort!

does anyone know where in Sydney (preferably CBD) that stocks The met Parabellum? I really wanna try it for fit before I hit the hammer!!!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Slightly dig

sold the super comfortable, but slightly heavy and Uber hot TLD A1 helmet and looking for a replacement

Short list comes down to a bell super ($100~), POC trabec ($180) and the MET Parabellum...
I love the intergrated Gopro mount on the met and Super (great for mounting light on)
Read plenty of reviews, and the bell super suffers from weigh and lack of ventilation. So that kinda kills it for me (lack of colours too)

next is the POC
rode with it at stromlo and really liked the air flow... Plenty of colours, Abit more exy, but still heavyish

some more reading brought me to the Parabellum which is a featherweight compared to everything else in the category!!!!!
reports on airflow seem to be good along with fit/comfort!

does anyone know where in Sydney (preferably CBD) that stocks The met Parabellum? I really wanna try it for fit before I hit the hammer!!!
Quick google session shows Cell as being stockists.

http://www.cellbikes.com.au/s.nl/it.A/id.32684/.f

Not sure if they're in the shop floor but worth a phone call?

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kuringai Cycles at Hornsby stocked Met a few years ago when I dropped in, I actually bought one while I was there..