Meta AM 29 Feedback

SDA

Likes Dirt
Completely agree. Need to read between the lines and take from it what you can.

Love the group tests and how they go into detail about simple things like stem lengths and their impact on handling. Also interesting what they say about carbon wheels on the orbea - love my flexy aluminium wheels on mine. Haha.

Yeah I reckon an air shock would be sweet on the Meta 29.

BT180

Max Pfaff
@BT180 not interested in the new Strive? I just with they'd given it the cable routing options of the Torque and Spectral, otherwise I'm just looking at it going "the 650b Stive was amazing and this is more of that". Change for changes sake?
Yeah, not feeling it at all with the new Strive. I'm sure it's a ripper bike, but I too was hoping some of that new Torque/Spectral innovation. Not happy with the reduced travel and the spec of the model in my price range doesn't excite me. Bike as a whole has me feeling flat.

Whereas I AM feeling something with this:

Holy crap, what a weapon. Climbs well too! Was actually my first ever ride on a 29er, so was really impressed with the roll-over characteristics. The additional burly-ness of this build just beats the trail into submission!

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm keen on raw actually. Raw still has the orange coil and fork - looks mint! Think i've been swayed by my Son's raw Ramones also. Still need to get this past the Finance Minister though, so could even end up on a lower spec like the SRAM edition - at least that one has the top spec suspension though, even if not a coil

Reactions: Zaf

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
My vote is for the raw (orange only available in XL), my kid also has the raw Ramones and it looks mint.

Put a chain guide on it and she's done.

Remember it's much easier to beg for forgiveness rather than ask permission.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Haha true! Interesting that is doesn’t come with a chain guide, considering the bikes intentions.

Reactions: Zaf

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Process 153 29?

I know your buddy has one (and he loves it)
I'm absolutely frothing on mine - does everything so well.

I only mention it because it is pretty comparable to the Meta 29 in terms of category/intended use/full-Enduro-Bro...
(even though the Meta is prolly better vfm...)

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

LPG

likes thicc birds
I'm another one eyeing up the Meta AM 29. I'm planning on getting a bigger bike around July and right now I'm leaning towards a mid spec Meta AM 29 or getting a Bird Aeris AM9 frameset and building the bike up.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Process 153 29?

I know your buddy has one (and he loves it)
I'm absolutely frothing on mine - does everything so well.

I only mention it because it is pretty comparable to the Meta 29 in terms of category/intended use/full-Enduro-Bro...
(even though the Meta is prolly better vfm...)

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Yep, my riding mate really loves his, especially with the upgrades. Gotta be different though. ;)

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I have the Meta AM 29 Essential model. I'm not the best climber as I am unfit and shit at it, but this thing can go up a fire road pretty easily in 42T, 50T just makes it all a little too easy. I am 185cm so I decided to go the XL as I always felt a little cramped on a large bike, I don't regret it as the bike feels super stable and I never fear going OTB when I put my weight forward. Descending is where this bike feels amazing, its soooo fast, it just holds speed and always finds traction. The 29's just monster over everything, now I understand what over biked means but it's just made me more keen to hit different lines that I haven't tried because now I'm on a meta so fuck it. I've ridden the Meta AM 27.5 a lot as my former house mate used to own one and let me take it out when ever I wanted, compared to that bike this bike is just as agile, but a tiny bit more capable.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
On the top of my list for a bigger hitting bike. The weight very noticable?

I like to look of the top sram bike but reckon I will go cheaper and get the lyrik rc version for 4300 and just change out to a rc2 damper for far less coin.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Guess it depends what you’ve come from. My Meta is nearly 2kgs more than my Strive. I notice the extra weight when accelerating during a climb, but it spins up everything pretty well.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Yeah i second what BT180 said. I came from a Vitus Sommet, to me the commencal climbs better despite weighing about 1kg more. I reckon its the seat tube angle putting me a bit more over the pedals.