Michelin cracked

clockworked

Like an orange
The carcass of the tyre is probably less effected. Is it just those two spots? Maybe it was two coincidental slashes?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Definitely warranty but give yourself the best chance and clean the tyre and take more pics prior to contacting them(apologies if you've ready done this)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Wiggle refunded me no dramas. This is why they make a lot of money...

They would have replaced it, but no stock. This is still ok to ride for a while I think, I’ll monitor the cracks.

Probably good business on their part - they know I’ll not be able to help myself and I’ll “just get a few other things while I’m there” when I go to reorder it...

AaronM

Likes Dirt
I’d imagine that sometimes boxes of tyres may sit in less than perfect conditions for the preservation of tyre quality between leaving the factory and the consumer.

Michelin probably will accept a set percentage of wholesale volume as “warranty” before wanting to see the tyres physically returned and Wiggle will have a matrix of cost vs reputation damage. A customer who’s got a few orders up, has a photo showing a fault is likely to respond positively to a prompt and decisive action. Dragging things out cost them staff time, and risks reputation...

Reminds me of a game a colleague played with Australian Customs and getting GST rebate. His chasing a circa $50 rebate. It took 3 months of e-mails, phone calls and some letters before finally he got his $50. Would have cost us taxpayers thousands in staff time. It served to highlight that a small loss can be worn quickly and time only increases cost.

Haakon

Yep, jsut good business. Compare to the UK car parts company I’m trying to get replacement shock absorbers out of... Theyre valved worng as far as I can tell with rock hard ride. Horrible. But they want them removed and a photo of them removed before they’ll even consider it - so I need to have the car up on blocks for a few weeks with no guarantee of new parts... sigh..

Haakon

they are actually running a 32mil loss ... as at last financials ... not sure if that’s in GBP or USD
But you get that when you employ a lot of consultants to understand a business you don’t really understand.
Wow, really? I assumed they were doing well...