Middle East situation

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
100%, like it's not a war crime until an Australian dies,
despite Israel's kill count being at least 33,000 civilians, and the status of 'militant' being decided after Israeli soldiers have shot them dead. :confused:

We have a very selective narrative. I've not called it a war, because it isn't. The trigger was a terrorist action by a terrorist group and Israel has responded with a genocide, one that our nation and many other have been supporting. It is a very disappointing period of time.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
We have a very selective narrative. I've not called it a war, because it isn't. The trigger was a terrorist action by a terrorist group and Israel has responded with a genocide, one that our nation and many other have been supporting. It is a very disappointing period of time.
indeed. A war is waged between TWO armies.

ForkinGreat

Israel has been using facial recognition software from Google - Google Photo - to Identify and punish suspects in the October 7th attack, and generally, it seems.
The program relies on two different facial recognition tools, according to the New York Times: one made by the Israeli contractor Corsight, and the other built into the popular consumer image organization platform offered through Google Photos. An anonymous Israeli official told the Times that Google Photos worked better than any of the alternative facial recognition tech, helping the Israelis make a “hit list” of alleged Hamas fighters who participated in the October 7 attack
The mass surveillance of Palestinian faces resulting from Israel’s efforts to identify Hamas members has caught up thousands of Gaza residents since the October 7 attack. Many of those arrested or imprisoned, often with little or no evidence, later said they had been brutally interrogated or tortured. In its facial recognition story, the Times pointed to Palestinian poet Mosab Abu Toha, whose arrest and beating at the hands of the Israeli military began with its use of facial recognition. Abu Toha, later released without being charged with any crime, told the paper that Israeli soldiers told him his facial recognition-enabled arrest had been a “mistake.”
Putting aside questions of accuracy — facial recognition systems are notorious less accurate on nonwhite faces — the use of Google Photos’s machine learning-powered analysis features to place civilians under military scrutiny, or worse, is at odds with the company’s clearly stated rules.

ForkinGreat

The genocidal shit that spews forth from the mouths of USA elected representatives (many of whom received generous donations from Pro-Israel lobby groups, AFAIK) should be cause for grave concern.

Michigan Republican Rep. Tim Walberg recently declared at a town hall that the U.S. “shouldn’t be spending a dime on humanitarian aid,” in Gaza. Instead, he posed, “it should be like Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Get it over quick.”

Yousef Munayyer, a political analyst and senior fellow at the Arab Center Washington DC, noted that the cost of misspeaking — or having comments misconstrued — on Israel is unparalleled.
“The social and political costs of stepping on the taboos of saying anything that could be even possibly misconstrued as antisemitic are so high,” Munayyer told The Intercept. “And yet the costs of saying things that are undeniably and horrifically dehumanizing toward Palestinians are so low. I don’t know of a double standard as extreme as that on any other issue.”
I guess the Israelis got what they paid for.

If you don't want to read the article, fine, don't. But don't pretend that these homocidal and Genocidal opinions ON RECORD - aren't prevelant in USA legislatures. Indeed, it should scare the absolute shit out of you.

Some of you might wonder why I keep showing you these horrors, because "everyone knows what's going on."
I believe that's not the case. People switch off and don't want to know about any of it because it makes them feel fear, despair and hopeless.
It damn well ought to make you feel that way, because these are incredible horrors that are happening in front of us, in real time.
It's natural to want to block these horrors out, to be distracted by anything other than Genocide, but Being a fence sitter is not an option any more, IMO.

These Crimes against Humanity Must be witnessed, so that what's really going on can be explained to those who have been misinformed and lied to, and all the Propaganda Bullshit, the hammering of "October 7th attack" as if that was the only violent thing that ever happened in the region over a 100+ year history of violence, the framing of Israel as the "victim", the framing of Palestinians as "subhuman animals all part of Hamas", the weaponization of "antisemitism" and "the right of Israel to defend itself" to deflect or shut down ANY criticism of Israel, The framing of anyone the IDF has shot dead as being a militant, the annihilation of hospitals, the targeting of Aid workers to shut off the flow of aid to starving people - and on and on and on.

You will not reach some people. But you will reach enough people who can be encouraged to see clearly the lies they had been fed, to rail against the continued propagation of those lies, and call out those who have tried to hide and downplay the gruesome reality.
No-one is asking you to march, or hold a placard, but you can talk to people. If they believe certain propaganda, ask them why, and where did those beliefs come from. show them articles from the Guardian and the Intercept. They might be more open to a 'non-arab media outlet' show them Murdoch and the LNP's massive pro-israel bias. It all helps, IMO.

ForkinGreat

12 Dec 2022
Hundreds of Palestinian villages were depopulated in 1948. To Israelis, it was the War of Independence, to Palestinians it was 'Al Nakba' - the Catastrophe. Director Alon Schwarz revisits former Israeli soldiers as well as Palestinian residents in an effort to re-examine what happened in Tantura, the location of an alleged, Israeli-perpetrated massacre, and find out why 'Al Nakba' is still a taboo in Israeli society.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

ForkinGreat

Dutton is a dogwhistling scumbag. You just know this sort of drivel will get the cookers, and the cooker-aligned, foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs.

KISS THE FLAAAAG

Well, he is just doing his Master Murdoch's bidding, and hoping to buddy up with Israel and its pro-israel lobbies locally, who have come out in the media recently, and yesterday/today - bleating and screaming about disaster and betrayal of Israel, and some BS about giving Hamas a reach-around. It's unhinged from the fucking reality of the situation.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Well, he is just doing his Master Murdoch's bidding, and hoping to buddy up with Israel and its pro-israel lobbies locally, who have come out in the media recently, and yesterday/today - bleating and screaming about disaster and betrayal of Israel, and some BS about giving Hamas a reach-around. It's unhinged from the fucking reality of the situation.
Penny, always clear, precise, and erudite, was as clear as could be. Yet the rwnj still manage to mis-hear so they can get all frothy with their ill informed outrage.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Whilst I don't condone or encourage Iran's move here, have you noticed the media framing this like Iran have decided to kick something off with Israel? Even the way Biden was talking about it over the last few days...how would the USA or Israel have responded if one of their embassies was bombed?

I was intrigued to see Jordan siding with Israel as well. I'm sure there is something geopolitical in this that I am not aware of, but it did surprise me. I was expecting a more neutral position.

ForkinGreat