NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Tim
Intro yourself to Justin/Perren/Steve/Jeff and Mark if you make it on Saturday ... would be good if you could bring an example of some of the doco your doing for knapsack (section 3 stands out as a simple example). Have shown the giys Mark's hand drawn stuff but your work is more pro :).

Soz ... I'm away for this one, but hope you get a good turn out

advanced big thanks peeps

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
So it turns out I'm on baby sitting duties on sat morning as the wife has prior commitments and I don't think an 8 month old would be much help, so enjoy guys and I'll see you on another one.

JBR

Likes Dirt
This will really come down to the willingness of the ranger, he's working. I'll ask Justin to touch base with him and see if he fancies starting earlier.
No worries I will speak to him today and get back to everyone via email and on here.

Justin

JBR

Likes Dirt
Current forecast is for 32 with a chance of rain, so that isnt too bad.

It is a council requirement for the volunteer day to be cancelled on account of extreme weather. Ill keep everyone up to date on changes to a start date or cancelllation if it occurs

Justin

Cypher

Likes Dirt
So it turns out I'm on baby sitting duties .
ARRRGGGHHHH!!! You can't baby sit if you are the parent. It is called parenting!!!!! It implies that you only provide very minimal support to raising your own children - that is, you only watch over your children (not get involved) for a very short time. Is that the parent you want to be?
(Sorry this is a big bug bear of mine)

I'm going to try for the morning but need to leave at 10 :)

Last edited:

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
ARRRGGGHHHH!!! You can't baby sit if you are the parent. It is called parenting!!!!! It implies that you only provide very minimal support to raising your own children - that is, you only watch over your children (not get involved) for a very short time. Is that the parent you want to be?
(Sorry this is a big bug bear of mine)

I'm going to try for the morning but need to leave at 10 :)
Actually no I'm a very hands on dad who is taking 2 months off work to be full time carer of my child while her mother returns to work before she is old enough to be put into daycare. But thank you for stereotyping me based on a grammatical error. I'll remember to keep your bug bears in mind next time I make a post regarding MY family!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If we're bringing children now I'll ask the neighbours if I can borrow one or see what I can find on the way. I can bring rope to tie them to trees so they don't run away if that helps!:whip:

ChopStir

Squid
All tracks and Trails have been closed for the weekend.

"ALL TRACKS AND TRAILS CLOSED FOR WALKING, HORSE-RIDING AND CYCLING FROM FRIDAY, 11 JANUARY TO MONDAY 14 JANUARY

All walking tracks in NSW National Parks will be closed until at least Monday due to severe weather expected over the next few days.

Picnic areas and camping areas in the east of the state remain open. Due to severe weather forecast National Parks is putting safety first and will close parks where there is any question of safety."

Details & Updates See Link:
http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/FireClosure.aspx
Same with all state forests.

Sorry guys but regardless if this build is still going ahead. I'm going to give it a pass for my own personal safety.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Build day going ahead

To any of you not on the email list, Justin sent this out this morning:

Hi Everyone,

It is going to be hot tomorrow morning however council has said we will go ahead with the build day. Please bring plenty of water, hats, sun protection etc etc.

8am start, try to be there by 745 so we get in promptly.

Meeting at same spot as last time, which is the dump access road on old illawarra road. Head in and instead of going left to the dump veer right and we will meet near the gate.

Kind Regards

Justin
Please remember that you must do the online induction BEFORE you can take part in a build day.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
I'm gonna say I'm 50/50 for tomorrow. I'll see how hot it is when I wake up.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

JBR

Likes Dirt
So, yesterday was AWESOME..

Thanks to the 25 or so volunteers that turned up, and to the positive and can do attitudes that everyone brought with them. We achieved so much in the time we had.

Thanks for everyone's patience in the first 20 minutes or so while we got our shit together. Its pretty hectic trying to get so many people working in such a short time! As we do a few more of these things should run a bit smoother.

If any one can put the fella taking all the photos on to me please, either via the ssorc email account, or on here, then that would be awesome. I was slack and didn't take any myself.

Thanks again, I hope we can keep these numbers up and keep the momentum going.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions on how we could do things differently, please let us know.

Kind Regards

Justin

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A huge amount of work got done yesterday. It was good to work on the trails with some like minded people. :)

jarv

Likes Bikes
Great day out yesterday boys.I was glad it didnt get too hot.Everyone worked well together i think due most people already knowing each other.Hey Justin the young guy taking the photos was Harry Wiles.Pezza should be able to give you his details.If not i can get his mobile number.Look forward to the next day out.Cheers.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Any pics surfaced yet? I want to ogle the log roll I assisted with.

The rain on Sunday will have bedded things in nicely.