NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

markb84

Likes Dirt
The council are working on signage at the moment. It's not up there yet. In an ideal world try and get in touch with someone who knows the trails, they can show you round. It's pretty obvious but there are a couple of bits you may miss.

my02

Likes Dirt
Thinking I might go up there for a plod over the weekend. What's the consensus on how it will be after the recent rain?

markb84

Likes Dirt
I was planning non heading down tomorrow morning. However it's just started to hail. I feel like tomorrow will be decidedly average riding conditions....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff C

Squid
Awesome news re the Sutherland Shire Council managed lands that they (the council) are OK with people riding to help bed in the work already done, and help to identify new works needed. Good time to re-iterate for those not familiar with whats open and whats not- when in doubt, don't ride it, we don't want to erode any of the council's confidence they've placed in the mtb community thus far. This is a very welcome milestone in the progress of legalising the trail network out there and all those involved should be highly commended- great work!

Hopefully ANSTO won't be far behind, and the partial opening I would think should do wonders for an increase in volunteer numbers (hint hint- if you ride there, you volunteer there!).

As I understand it- the council lands are only those immediately north of the northern boundary of the tip, and east of Heathcote Road. Anything east of the alignment of Little Forest Road is ANSTO land, and so far off limits?

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
early Saturday anyone ?? 8 or 9ish ?? or even earlier if keen
Hey Al. Put me down as a definite maybe (though Sunday would be better). Need somewhere new to ride and also wanted to subscribe to this thread in case more building happens. I've been offline for a while and would like to get back into it.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Hey Al. Put me down as a definite maybe (though Sunday would be better). Need somewhere new to ride and also wanted to subscribe to this thread in case more building happens. I've been offline for a while and would like to get back into it.
hey mate ... you can utilise your IMBA certified rock training :)

As Willsy said every 2nd Saturday of the Month ... turn up when you can ... Many semi regulars are as good as a few over worked regulars.

BOT
Might be able to change it to Sunday ... but I doubt it ... next time peeps ... or head out with Matt - myo2 :)

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Stopped in this afternoon for a explore but the gates on little forest road next to the tip were locked, is there a way to access these trails without tresspassing on ansto land?

romy

Likes Dirt
Stopped in this afternoon for a explore but the gates on little forest road next to the tip were locked, is there a way to access these trails without tresspassing on ansto land?
I parked on other side of road and rode in for a quick peak the other day. Great efforts guys!! As soon as I get a free weekend I'll be down to help!

markb84

Likes Dirt
Little forest road is council land. The gates are locked to prevent vehicles entering. You can enter by foot or by bike. There's a convenient hole in the fence on the right that you'll need to walk your bike through.

I would advise trying to arrange going down there with someone who knows the trail though. There's still some trail that could be mistakenly ridden that shouldn't be and you wouldn't want to miss the proper trail.

On another note, Sunday was riding pretty good. There's a few bits early on that still need a bit more drainage work. Some sections are riding beautifully though.

For a trail that's still in it's infancy there's some amazing natural riding and so much potential. It'll be great to see it evolve over time (with the support of the council and the community).

romy

Likes Dirt
On what road did you stop and Which way did you get in?
I parked on the other side of Illawarra rd. road my bike down little forest till the clearing, chuck a left on the fire trail and the singletrack trail I road has its entrance on the right. Looked recently maintained so I hope it's the right one! Lol
Any eta on council signs formal opening?

shore_2

Likes Dirt
The big boom gate is now Mia. It was there Sunday morning gone Tuesday. I think a 4x4 must have winched it out.