Mini Nomad (Blur LT Carbon Content inside)

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Thanks to a few guys on here and around home I have finally ended up with my new ride.

Thanks must go out to BMepic and MrCove for some advice as i was looking at this the Mojo HD and an Stumpy Evo. Got to test ride the blur and fell in lust.
Big thanks must go to Robbie and the crew at Drift bikes Newcastle for their help in making this a reality.
Even bigger thanks must go to my wonderful wife for letting me spend a heinous amount of money on a bike.

Sorry about the pics, they are the only ones i have at the moment. Will post up some better ones when I get some time.

The lowdown.

2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon Medium
Fork - 2011 Rock Shox Revelation XX WC (Took a bit of a gamble here after hearing some wonderful things about this fork, Fall back will be to grab a 36 Float and drop it to 150)
Gruppo - SRAM XO 2 x 10
Brakes - SRAM XO
Shock - 2011 RP23 (Was hoping for a Kashima coated shock but you get that on the big jobs)
Wheels - Crank Bros Iodine 3
Tyres - Specialized Purgatory/ Eskar 2Bliss combo w/stans
Saddle - SDG Bel Air (Not the lightest, thinking about grabbing one of the specialized Phenoms if I don't like this)
Post - Rock Shox Reverb
Bars - Easton Haven Carbon
Grips - Oury Lock Ons (Grabbing a set of Ergon GA1's to see how they go in the near future)
Stem - Thomson 70mm
Headset - King
Pedals - Shimano XTR Trail

Can't wait to get this out on the trails and start to get it dialed all i have had time for is a few trips to work and back :(

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Very nice.
If you like the seat, get it in I-Beam, it is as close to as light as anything else, ask Mr Cove:whip:

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys.

It has been a long hard road to end up with this machine.
Hitting up Glenrock this afternoon for a quick few laps before the sun goes down.

hypo

Likes Dirt
Wish I could join you, what time ?

I have the same bike in a large, awesome bit of gear. will have to catch up on the trail one day.

NickR

Likes Dirt
Very nice build, congratulations (I might have to get your wife to talk to my wife about the mtb purchase $ allowance!)

Enjoy!

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice.
If you like the seat, get it in I-Beam, it is as close to as light as anything else, ask Mr Cove:whip:
No ability to run one with the dropper post though unfortunately.

To the OP - beautiful bike, it looks magnificent. Any idea on weight?

Damienp

Likes Dirt
No ability to run one with the dropper post though unfortunately.

To the OP - beautiful bike, it looks magnificent. Any idea on weight?
12.24 W/pedals IIRC

Very stoked with it after it's first trip around G'Rock yesterday. Gotta spend a little more time on it to figure out the suspension.
Very quick and the 2 x 10 didn't leave me wanting the granny on many occasions. Once the legs are a bit better i might go 1 x 10.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Wish I could join you, what time ?

I have the same bike in a large, awesome bit of gear. will have to catch up on the trail one day.
Definitely. Keen to get a few mates on bikes as well. Time for them to put their money where their mouth is.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
12.24 W/pedals IIRC

Very stoked with it after it's first trip around G'Rock yesterday. Gotta spend a little more time on it to figure out the suspension.
Very quick and the 2 x 10 didn't leave me wanting the granny on many occasions. Once the legs are a bit better i might go 1 x 10.
Look at a Widget , Gripper is selling them . I bought one for my nomad , it an am setup 28 front and a 9 speed 11 32 and its fine . If your running 12 36 it should get up anything . Shed some weight too .

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Picked up some gold lock on collars for the grips the other day to put a little more bling on the ride.
I think that will do it though. Keep it nice and subtle.