MMM Harley Drop

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, was a prmotion/competition...

some guy had to pick red or blue and there was an envelopoe with a colour in it - he chose the wrong colour, bike got dropped. :p

Switch

huskier headed gent
I never understand why you would do a visual stunt on the radio.
I am sure it goes something like this:

Mindless bull crap by host
Click (bike is released)
half a second of dead air
crash
more mindless crap by host with lots of ohhhs and ahhhs

Riveting stuff, I am sure it was hilarious :rolleyes:

Newts

Likes Dirt
he got to keep $30k worth or parts. :D
would you try and insure it before picking it up and try and claim the cash??

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stupidity and wastefulness. What a joke.

And we still have the hide to say that ALL American's are dumb!

Pete J

loves his dog
MMM has always had a thing for catering to the lowest common denominator.
Does anyone remember their 'No rap, no crap, no weird stuff' catchphrase from the late 90's? Then there was their public burning of techno/dance cd's around the same time.
Austereo decision makers are evil and deserve to be dropped from a great height or burned at the stake in front of thousands of public radio fans. :rolleyes:

Joy

Likes Dirt
ah come on guys! Sometimes the most inane things are the most fun. I'm sure you've all, at some point, enjoyed destroying something. If you haven't, well then I guess you traded in your man-card at birth.

I totally understand the criticism towards Triple M. But hey, they're the only station that's going to play Whitesnake so it's my station of choice (on the rare occasion that I actually do listen to the radio)

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
I have used that crane for work. To my knowledge it is the biggest road mobile crane in the Sydney basin and that stunt would have been $18k + for the crane alone.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have used that crane for work. To my knowledge it is the biggest road mobile crane in the Sydney basin and that stunt would have been $18k + for the crane alone.
NO!

Not the biggest by a long shot and your way off with the price!

What size crane do you think it is?

Jon

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Man, what a waste.

Raffle the bike off, give money to needy people.

No, do visual stunt on radio. WTF is wrong with these people.

I haven't listened to the radio for almost four years and I only barely miss TripleJ

Jon

I haven't listened to the radio for almost four years and I only barely miss TripleJ
Funnily enough I used to listen to Trple J all the time and although it is the only station that gets a run on my radio.
I find myself more and more absorbed in my own thoughts and the radio is a distraction
to a large extent.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
From the pics on the site, the harley didnt look all the special (mind you I'm no harley-phile)

Can anyone confirm it was actually $30K worth of custom hog as they were spruiking?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's definitely custom as that seat, carby and paint are not stock. As to the price tag, it is a late model (or it's super fucking customised...) but I have no idea of the price.

Such as stupid waste that would only entertain the deadest heads around.