Modern Cassette prices

jrewing

Eats Squid
When how and why did they get so expensive??

Bear in mind I got my Xt 11spd for 92 dollars couple of days ago.
Are 4 more teeth worth a many hundreds more??

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow - that's nuts. So 11 speed is the best place to stop then...
My trail bike came with a Sram 12 speed GX set up. When the cassette looked like it might need replacing the best price I could find was $299. I had a complete XT 1 x 11, 11-42, set up from a previous bike so I put that on instead. I haven't looked back or missed the 12th gear. So I put the same thing on my Chameleon build. I do run XO1 chains as these seem to last the best. I will put the GX back onto the bike when the time to sell comes.
Maybe I can't tell the difference but where I do most of my riding, climbing is part of the deal.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Especially if you run an XD driver and used a sweet 9-42 ZTTO. You can drop a chainring size and still get substantially better range then a shimano 11-46. (460% v 418%)
I have ordered an 9-42 ZTTO from Ali on your suggestion. I do miss not having much top end. Got plenty of freehub bodies to mix and match.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Especially if you run an XD driver and used a sweet 9-42 ZTTO. You can drop a chainring size and still get substantially better range then a shimano 11-46. (460% v 418%)
So you rate the ZTTO? I find the gears too close with the xt 11-42. Be nice having more top end

moorey

call me Mia
I have ordered an 9-42 ZTTO from Ali on your suggestion. I do miss not having much top end. Got plenty of freehub bodies to mix and match.
Absolutely. The top end is most critical to me. You’ll notice the fuck out of the 9t

jrewing

Eats Squid
Thi
Definitely. @ozzybmx had one that had cogs come loose, but I’m running them on most of the fleet now. Only 20-30g heavier than the GX xd 11-42. Some of mine have done 1000’s of Kim’s and look like new.
this is good news. EBay has them at 40 something bucks from a quick look.

moorey

call me Mia
Thi

this is good news. EBay has them at 40 something bucks from a quick look.
Nice. Assuming they’re the same ones, you’ll be sweet.
Mine were posted within aus. Here in under 2 weeks.

AU $31.62 51% Off | ZTTO XD 11 Speed Bicycle Cassette 9-42T 11S MTB Ultralight Steel Freewheel 11speed Moutain Bike Sprocket xt

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
When how and why did they get so expensive??

Bear in mind I got my Xt 11spd for 92 dollars couple of days ago.
Are 4 more teeth worth a many hundreds more??
Another vote for v3 version of ztto cassette. No issues for a fair while now.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sounds like you spent too much time watching the ABC and sipping lattes.
It's actually a nice little town surrounded by mountains, a few look a bit disturbed by mining but its quite picturesque.

The caravan park is old but has some really nice touches and the owners are trying hard. Complementary bath mats and old car pictures in the toilets, could do with a lick of paint but very clean and cheap at $40 a night powered.
We are self contained anyway and don't use water or much power except the fridge when 240v is available, solar charges our batteries and gas fridge usually.

We have shuttles booked for 31st as tomorrow was booked out, just got an email saying they will shuttle the 3 of us tomorrow as well :)

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's actually a nice little town surrounded by mountains, a few look a bit disturbed by mining but its quite picturesque.

The caravan park is old but has some really nice touches and the owners are trying hard. Complementary bath mats and old car pictures in the toilets, could do with a lick of paint but very clean and cheap at $40 a night powered.
We are self contained anyway and don't use water or much power except the fridge when 240v is available, solar charges our batteries and gas fridge usually.

We have shuttles booked for 31st as tomorrow was booked out, just got an email saying they will shuttle the 3 of us tomorrow as well :)
Nice. We stayed there about 20 years ago at Easter. We were in a pop top but many were camping on the gravel.