Mondraker Australia

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi,

does anyone know if Anton Fourie is still looking after Mondraker in Australia?
I've been trying to order some parts for a week now, email, FB messages, phone calls all unanswered.
Mondraker in Europe won't deal with anyone directly and I can't get a hold of anyone here.

I wish I never bough the thing, it's been an unreliable P.O.S but the service has usually been excellent.

Thanks.

moorey

call me Mia
Hi,

does anyone know if Anton Fourie is still looking after Mondraker in Australia?
I've been trying to order some parts for a week now, email, FB messages, phone calls all unanswered.
Mondraker in Europe won't deal with anyone directly and I can't get a hold of anyone here.

I wish I never bough the thing, it's been an unreliable P.O.S but the service has usually been excellent.

Thanks.
I believe he is. He’s on here somewhere, but can’t recall username. Also on FB.

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe they have closed up shop during the lockdown. Have you tried Anton’s personal page have a last resort?

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe they have closed up shop during the lockdown. Have you tried Anton’s personal page have a last resort?
Yeah I assumed the shop would be open as all the shops here are.
No I didn't. I figured if he's not answering his phone or email...

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I assumed the shop would be open as all the shops here are.
No I didn't. I figured if he's not answering his phone or email...
No idea. He was posting Mondy stuff on his page this week between useless COVID19 fake news articles.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He used to spam the forum pretty hard with advertising. His user be on here was... @antonfourie but the machine doesn't want to link. This might be as he hasn't been on for a while. If you shoot him a pm he should get an email.

Having owned both the Reign Advanced and the Mondraker Dune in the last 2 years I can say I personally like the Mondraker Dune better.
The Reign Advanced in a brilliant bike, certainly nothing wrong with it!
For me the Mondraker feels more refined. Also for my height the extra room on the top tube makes me feel much more comfortable. Fit is one of if not the most important part of bike riding, at least for me.
Are these still valid feels?

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He used to spam the forum pretty hard with advertising. His user be on here was... @antonfourie but the machine doesn't want to link. This might be as he hasn't been on for a while. If you shoot him a pm he should get an email.

Are these still valid feels?
It's a very smooth bike, long reach which I do like.
It's just a poor linkage design leading to a lot of broken bolts and o the hanger thread just wore out like it's made from cheese.
Good bike, when it works...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I always thought the suspension platform was they had going for them. It looks like a nice wheel path etc. Otherwise there was way too much shitting dog for my likes.

Good luck sorting it out.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Its Paul Walton who is doing Mondraker . I always get replies from him everytime I need a hanger or when I do bearings in the Foxy . I thinks he`s based in the Hunter . Off the brakes will help you out too if you can`t get onto Paul .

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Its Paul Walton who is doing Mondraker . I always get replies from him everytime I need a hanger or when I do bearings in the Foxy . I thinks he`s based in the Hunter . Off the brakes will help you out too if you can`t get onto Paul .
Off the Brakes have been trying to get onto Paul for the last 3 weeks, with no luck. Off the Brakes no longer deal Mondraker so not sure if there is some bad blood there, they were unable to say. So now I am also trying to get onto personally to sort out a possible warranty issue. Looks like Paul seems to be MIA at the minute.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Off the Brakes have been trying to get onto Paul for the last 3 weeks, with no luck. Off the Brakes no longer deal Mondraker so not sure if there is some bad blood there, they were unable to say. So now I am also trying to get onto personally to sort out a possible warranty issue. Looks like Paul seems to be MIA at the minute.
Ah crap , I hope he`s OK and just having a break or is overseas . Hopefuly I have no warranty issues . I guess there`s always Silverfish in the UK if all goes belly up here .

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I guess there`s always Silverfish in the UK if all goes belly up here .
What about trying the NZ distributor first , I know there are a few guys well hooked up there (Alta in Q'town).

Last edited:

betadine

Likes Bikes
Hi there,

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Just wanted to check if there was any more info on Aus distributors for Mondraker. Just chasing a few parts for my son's foxy. Happy to follow up with the Kiwis but thought I'd check in on the Aus situation first.

Cheers