Mongoose Frame crack

lordledger

Likes Bikes
I have a mongoose blackdiamond single 07 and today i discovered there is a 3 centermeter crack were the rear shock is welded on. What will happen now
do i get a new frame or a refund or replacment frame.,

Also 2 of my friends ecd 07 bike have got cracks it in.

Anyone else crack a mongoose frame

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would guess you would get a warranty, as long as it is not voided in some way.

Neon

Likes Dirt
yeh im in the same situation as you.
i am going to take my bike back to the shop i got it from, then they will hopefuilly send it off to giant.
i am just hoping that they dont find out about the warantee-voiding stuff i have done.
i suggest you do the same

JoshyC

Likes Dirt
You'll probably just get a new front half if theres nothing wrong with the swing arm/ back half. You should be covered under warantee as long as its more then likely a manufacturing fault...

sit_still

Likes Dirt
It seems to be a common fault in 07 model mongooses across the dual suspension range. my canaan cracked around the shock mount and was replaced with the 08 model (both frame and swing arm)

Contact your LBS where you purchased the bike from, explain you have found what appears to be a crack, then take it in. If they deem its a manufacturing fault itll be covered under warranty, the importer will be contacted and appropriate action will be taken.

In the 08 range you can see mongoose have realised this problem and changed the design ever so slightly.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this is what happened to mine

also mongoose doent have warrenty on frames... that is what they told my LBS... i was smart and sent them an email just asking what the warrenty on the range is... got a reply with '3 years on frames and 1 year on parts'...

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh im in the same situation as you.
i am going to take my bike back to the shop i got it from, then they will hopefuilly send it off to giant.
i am just hoping that they dont find out about the warantee-voiding stuff i have done.
i suggest you do the same
Well posting here wont help your cause. :rolleyes:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
i cracked mongoose teocali last year - mongoose were very helpful and replaced frame -even updated the frame:). Go to lbs

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
i cracked mongoose teocali last year - mongoose were very helpful and replaced frame -even updated the frame:). Go to lbs
Dito for me with my Teocali they were great didn't question it , replaced it with the next year's model
Great stuff Goose
Helped that I have a good relationship with my lbs
Go Dee Why Bike hub
Larry Mark Chris n Adam good lads

kungy

Likes Bikes
Teocali Super Frame Warranty

Same goes for me. My Teocali Super 06 developed a crack in the top tube to down tube straddle component right on the welds. Almost a perfect crack on both sides of the frame.

Whoever says they don't have a warranty system on new bikes is spouting lies. For the teocali series it's five years. Just read the manufactures book that comes with it when you buy it.

I got a new frame (admittedly a Teocali Comp, same frame as a super) except a got a brand new 08 frame so i'm not complaining. For me the build swap between frames was free as well, as well as new cables so i'm relatively happy with my situation.

Just take it back to your shop with your documentation ie warranty book, proof of purchase and wait it out i'm afraid. It took a little while as I wanted to wait for a Super frame but the wait time was a little unrealistic so went with a Comp frame

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Geez, besides the above teocalis i know of at least 4 mongoose dh bikes that have also cracked - yep the warranty works but seems to be a pattern. I noticed they have changed teocali frames now

kungy

Likes Bikes
I'm not sure about now but i've noticed that there either is a inherrent flaw in either the design or manufacturing based purely on the commonness of frames breaking.

Since my bike has gone from the 06 to 08 model the design has changed fairly radically and for all intents and purposes i'm not worried about the same issue occuring again on my new bike.

The way i look at it i'm not fussed by these instances as it just means a free upgrade as i'm not a very aggressive rider. But i'm sure you gravity/jump guys would be concerned by this anecdotal evidence

lordledger

Likes Bikes
Mongoose

Hey guys, its all good today i got a phone call form my local bike shop to say that they have a new frame in for me to cover the warrenty they upgraded the frame down form a single to a triple, its nice as. To bad no more black diamonds are being made. Thanks guys