More bikes and a project

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just gone back to using gorilla tape over rubber. Does the job and is cheap/easy.

Takai, Sanders is on it. My Polygon may not have been the lightest frame out (carbon one probably not too bad) but was the best pedalling and trail manned bike I've had yet.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I acquired a dirt jump bike, hack bike and new DH frame.

I was given a 2002 Sasquatch, immediately dubbed the 'Swamskatch' on the condition that I race it barely sober/with a huge hangover on a track I've never seen before.
It was interesting to say the least. I just realised I still haven't taken a picture of the classic rig, but she's a pearler and will be my new shitty bike park kicker bike and pub bike.
Will update later.

I also acquired a Trek Session frame to replace my cracked V10 frame, but haven't built it up yet.
I think SC came through with a warranty replacement in the end so unsure which to build and which to cull.

The real pearl of the collection is my new DJ/muck-around bike. Its probably the most bling bike I've ever owned.

WP_20140926_20_55_42_Pro.jpg

P3 matte black
Lowered 36 Float/FiT RC2 Factory edition
Redline Cranks w/ ti spindle
Profile Racing sprocket and microdrive
Profile Racing Elite hubs laced to Pimplites w/ DTH shoes
Deity and Thompson cockpit
McNeil pivotal saddle and post
XTR Trail brake

It's a money build.
First proper ride is going to be tomorrow at the Chestermere bike park, here in Calgary./ Pretty excited!

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My race bike:
Was given to me on the condition that I race it severly hung over at the local 'air dh' race.
Rules were I'm not allowed to do anything to it or work on it.

Both wheels have loose hubs.
Rear rim is just about broken - braking surface is very worn.
Azonic Love seat
Ghetto single speed and shortened chain.

Attachments

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After nearly 2mnths I finally got my replacement front triangle. Finally have a DH bike again so I think I'm going to celebrate that by ripping the Psychosis track!

I also got a Kona Unit for winter commuting/XC/mud bike/night riding. Pretty bloody stoked. It's not as cool as my old Charge, but its close!

Attachments

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New XC rig.

2014 Unit.
Only notable changes are tubeless, Fizik saddle and brakes (J5s soon to be my Hopes).
Hopefully I'll land a 50mm stem for a reasonable price and throw that on, don't like spending money on cheap bikes.

Attachments

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well.... Woops.
Seeing as I'm in snowy Calgary (we had a few -27C days last week) I figured if I want to keep riding through the winter then I may as well jump aboard.
The Unit hasn't even been getting that much commuting use. So here in this pic I've got my commuters (I could probably actually 90% board to work if we had a reasonable day).

Was tossing up between the Krampus or a Charge Cooker Maxi. 29er Plus is definitely lame in comparison to actual 5.2" fatbike in actual decent snow, but the Krampus definitely handles a lot more 'bike-ish' than a true fatbike. Whatever. Ride out the season on it and I'll probably sell it on.

Changes to come: get rid of lame spoke guard, move black chainring and 40t cassette ring from Tracer, swap pedals, maybe swap brakes, saddle too perhaps.

Attachments

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Krampus finally getting some use.
Got some maaad brakes on it now (Hope Moto levers to my X2 calipers)
11-40t cassette

Switched out some comfort things like grips and saddle etc.

Also finally sold my Tracer. Yeeow.
Replacement trail bike purchased.
ETA March (new bikes sell out super fast here in Canada, mine's on the next shipment from Taiwan).

rtd

Likes Dirt
What wait, so what happened to that dope as f$ck V10 you had? Also sad to see that my old Sunday is now the village bicycle..

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What wait, so what happened to that dope as f$ck V10 you had? Also sad to see that my old Sunday is now the village bicycle..
After breaking the frame in Whistler and getting the warranty frame (above) the linkage hara-kiri'd on the next ride. Had some other issues to (note the Glory axle rather than SC axle in the back) so after buying a new linkage and other parts for it to get it back to new I left it in Canada with a mate to sell - brought my DJer and trail bike (Process) back to Australia instead.

The Sunday is with someone who really wants it now. I would have kept it but I'd have had to spend a fair bits on parts to match my bike snobbery and the Legend came along at a wicked price.

Last edited:

rtd

Likes Dirt
Cool, glad its in good hands now then. Where abouts have you been riding in Brisbane?

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cool, glad its in good hands now then. Where abouts have you been riding in Brisbane?
Only been back riding for a few weeks now (blew my shoulder snowboarding before I left) so most of my XC has been Gap Creek and I've ridden DH every weekend at different places. First ride back was Kenilworth so I raced (first time since 09) and that was a blast. I also rode Joyce which has been the only ride on the Process, gotta figure out some more 'all mountain' locations.

rtd

Likes Dirt
Only been back riding for a few weeks now (blew my shoulder snowboarding before I left) so most of my XC has been Gap Creek and I've ridden DH every weekend at different places. First ride back was Kenilworth so I raced (first time since 09) and that was a blast. I also rode Joyce which has been the only ride on the Process, gotta figure out some more 'all mountain' locations.
I go up to Toowoomba every so often and it's great fun, you'll love it on the Process. Although I imagine every trail you'll ride from now on will be shite compared to the places you've been in Canada.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
castle is pretty good on a trail bike these days, short tracks but there is some pretty fun features on them

rtd

Likes Dirt
castle is pretty good on a trail bike these days, short tracks but there is some pretty fun features on them
Man I thought Castle got demolished for cookie-cutter housing developments? Will have to check it out soon.