More Eccentric Than All The Others

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I understand that theory, it is done as there is different tension between the sides due to the flange spacing being different due to the disc. In my case the asymmetric rim accounts for this and the spokes on either side will have equivalent tension. I need to dig deeper for an obscure reason now.
The rims used in this build are assymetric. DT Swiss thingumys. It's probably all bullshit but...

LPG

likes thicc birds
Bit of a pain getting the rear brakes sorted. The brake calipers needed to be shimmed so the disc outer diameter would clear the caliper. Then the caliper was at its extreme in one direction and was still rubbing on one side. I left it overnight for a fresh set of eyes in the morning/daylight. Those fresh eyes confirmed that the frame was off (or possibly the hope pro4 hub). 10 minutes with a dremmel giving an extra mm to one end of the brake caliper slot gave me what I need. A bit disappointing but not major.

I gave ot a quick ride at the set of trails nearby and quickly didn't care about the brake setup. Riding a hardtail again was fun. It took me a moment to get used to not having to preloaded for hops and the small jumps but I was comfortable and having a blast soon enough. The geo works well and suited what I want. Slack enough that I can ride in a similar way to my enduro bike but lighter, the snappyness of a hardtail and the need to pay a bit more attention to your lines that you get on a hardtail.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Bit of a pain getting the rear brakes sorted. The brake calipers needed to be shimmed so the disc outer diameter would clear the caliper. Then the caliper was at its extreme in one direction and was still rubbing on one side. I left it overnight for a fresh set of eyes in the morning/daylight. Those fresh eyes confirmed that the frame was off (or possibly the hope pro4 hub). 10 minutes with a dremmel giving an extra mm to one end of the brake caliper slot gave me what I need. A bit disappointing but not major.

I gave ot a quick ride at the set of trails nearby and quickly didn't care about the brake setup. Riding a hardtail again was fun. It took me a moment to get used to not having to preloaded for hops and the small jumps but I was comfortable and having a blast soon enough. The geo works well and suited what I want. Slack enough that I can ride in a similar way to my enduro bike but lighter, the snappyness of a hardtail and the need to pay a bit more attention to your lines that you get on a hardtail.

View attachment 384333
Nice! I still love my ‘16 Eccentric Chromo. Such an underated bike in the hardtail world. If a Stanton or Chromag that’s 5 times the price rides 5 times better I’ll eat Moorey’s hat.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Nice! I still love my ‘16 Eccentric Chromo. Such an underated bike in the hardtail world. If a Stanton or Chromag that’s 5 times the price rides 5 times better I’ll eat Moorey’s hat.
I agree, a hardtail is a simple beast. Put the headtube, bb, seat tube and rear axle where you want them, connect them with some tubes, add the required mounts and job done. I don't want to spend the same money I did on my FS frame for a hardtail frame.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Finishing touches made including the Divine sticker "I ate shit so you don't have to".

Also took a variation on the usual PYR required photos. See bike inside a "person oven".

Edit: I also have some goodyear tyres to put on it once I decide sideknobs that aren't about to peel off are worth while.

Last edited: