more Tassie

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
At least there's no cock shots. If there was a mod around, you'd get banned for that other one.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

rockmoose

I would think somewhere between Black Stump and Kumma-Guttza.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That looks awesome!
What do they rate Trouty as, difficulty wise?
Its a single black where the double blacks in Derby are Detonate, Shearpin, Black Dragon, Kumma Gutza and 23 stitches.

Black Dragon, Kumma Gutza and 23 Stitches have alternative lines so you dont have to hit the hardest bits eg... miss out a jump. To be honest, I dont know how 23 Stitches got double black.

I think Trouty is the 3rd hardest trail after Detonate and Shearpin.

It wasn't that hard the first year we went there but on the 2 subsequent trips it got gradually more difficult with erosion and wear.

Trouty is still my favorite trail in Derby... closely followed by Kingswall.

Last edited:

rockmoose

I dont know how 23 Stitches got double black.
Jumps trail grading is a torrid affair. 23 stitches, Air Ya Garn, Deadly Bugga. All cruisy blue trails, if you don't hit the jumps, and all far easier than any of the Blue offerings down from Black Stump, with the exception of Flikity.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Its a single black where the double blacks in Derby are Detonate, Shearpin, Black Dragon, Kumma Gutza and 23 stitches.

Black Dragon, Kumma Gutza and 23 Stitches have alternative lines so you dont have to hit the hardest bits eg... miss out a jump. To be honest, I dont know how 23 Stitches got double black.

I think Trouty is the 3rd hardest trail after Detonate and Shearpin.

It wasn't that hard the first year we went there but on the 2 subsequent trips it got gradually more difficult with erosion and wear.

Trouty is still my favorite trail in Derby... closely followed by Kingswall.
I'd agree, Trouty is harder than Black Dragon and 23 Stitches and there's not really any easy line around the gnar. Deadly Bugger was blue but got upped to black when it sent three people to hospital in it's first week. Not an overly hard trail but if you push above you skills things can get out of hand, bit like Air-Ya-Garn.
From my personal view I feel that the way the trails are rated in Derby, if it's single black, I can ride the whole trail. I may not hit every big feature but I don't have to walk anything. If it's double black there's a few sections that are above my pay grade and I have to admit defeat and think of self-preservation:eek:

ozzybmx

there's not really any easy line around the gnar.
Exactly, the only 3 trails in Derby without a rideable line around the tech are Trouty, Detonate and Shearpin. They are also only techy descents, no jumps, no B-lines. Black Dragon, also a techy descent with no jumps but has some alternative lines.
All the other black and double blacks have alternative lines, jumps where you can land short of the intended transition or jumps to the side of the trail. All rollable to avoid the gnar.
Nobody's being forced to hit that 10m gap jump in the middle of Kumma Gutza, just roll on past while giving it the eye :p

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Exactly, the only 3 trails in Derby without a rideable line around the tech are Trouty, Detonate and Shearpin. They are also only techy descents, no jumps, no B-lines. Black Dragon, also a techy descent with no jumps but has some alternative lines.
All the other black and double blacks have alternative lines, jumps where you can land short of the intended transition or jumps to the side of the trail. All rollable to avoid the gnar.
Nobody's being forced to hit that 10m gap jump in the middle of Kumma Gutza, just roll on past while giving it the eye :p
Bring on September!

binner

Hath shat hymself
That step up onto rock about 6:40...did you case it?

Sweet vid. So much rock!
yeah man , just got the edge of it , I didn't speed check coming in and just thought "fug it I'm not pulling out" that was the last ride of the day and a big climb so I was pretty well fatigued and thinking more about beer than bike skills. Will be back with EMF in 4 weeks to do it all again, respectfully and with the usual verbal abuse ;)

10 days 2 blokes 2 bikes a carton of Peter Stuyvesant's beer and one campervan... strap in

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
yeah man , just got the edge of it , I didn't speed check coming in and just thought "fug it I'm not pulling out" that was the last ride of the day and a big climb so I was pretty well fatigued and thinking more about beer than bike skills. Will be back with EMF in 4 weeks to do it all again, respectfully and with the usual verbal abuse ;)

10 days 2 blokes 2 bikes a carton of Peter Stuyvesant's beer and one campervan... strap in
Looked like you were cooking! Just needed to work that kicker a littler harder...

ozzybmx

Jeebus me too! I think I'd rent a bike though, some of that trail looks far more suited to a full sus!
A FS will be more fun and after several days of descending, your body will thank you.

The BOF and Blue Tier descent would be ok on a slack HT and climbing around Krushkas, Dam Busters ect but if you were hitting all the blacks with shuttles a FS would be a lot nicer.

If you were only there for a couple of days during a family visit, it would be alright on a HT.

Bike hire in Derby and Maydena is $100-$125 a day.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
A FS will be more fun and after several days of descending, your body will thank you.

The BOF and Blue Tier descent would be ok on a slack HT and climbing around Krushkas, Dam Busters ect but if you were hitting all the blacks with shuttles a FS would be a lot nicer.

If you were only there for a couple of days during a family visit, it would be alright on a HT.

Bike hire in Derby and Maydena is $100-$125 a day.
Mmm I don't think I'd want to hit too much gnar, I watched the videos by BKXC and wow the trails looked immaculate!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mmm I don't think I'd want to hit too much gnar, I watched the videos by BKXC and wow the trails looked immaculate!
Keep in mind that was back in 2017 when he was here (from memory?) - trails won't be in quite as good shape. From what i've been told, Trouty for example is far rougher & chopped out around the chutes where the dirt has been washed out over the years.