Most plush cushy grip

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Hi folks, time to replace grips on the old mtb.

Currently on chromag basis lock on grips. Like them would buy again. Just checking if there is anything more plus soft and yet indestructible compared to the chromags. Care little for weight, must be lock on and ideally with minmal patterns and stuff as I don't find them comfortable. important factor is good rubber, I've had grips in the past where they felt great but fell apart pretty quickly.

Toying with the idea of the fat ergom ga2s as a fatter grip is preferred but not essential.

Thoughs/recommendations?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Hi folks, time to replace grips on the old mtb.

Currently on chromag basis lock on grips. Like them would buy again. Just checking if there is anything more plus soft and yet indestructible compared to the chromags. Care little for weight, must be lock on and ideally with minmal patterns and stuff as I don't find them comfortable. important factor is good rubber, I've had grips in the past where they felt great but fell apart pretty quickly.

Toying with the idea of the fat ergom ga2s as a fatter grip is preferred but not essential.

Thoughs/recommendations?
Deity Supracush's are very fat but also soft.

I was using these after using the GA2 Fats.

Back on the GA2 fats now. They are thick, but firmer than the Deitys. The ergonomic shape of the GA2 Fats more than makes up for the lack of soft feeling IMO

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Lizardskins North shore grip. Oury lock on. Odi Rogue.
All have a chunky print pattern that my hands are not a fan of.

Deity Supracush
Looks good. Is the rubber durable? Always need to stay safe with rubber lols. I've had the diamond pattern grips before and a lot of them fell apart quickly.

Back on the GA2 fats now. They are thick, but firmer than the Deitys. The ergonomic shape of the GA2 Fats more than makes up for the lack of soft feeling IMO
Cheers might give them a shot. Is there any difference with the evos?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Looks good. Is the rubber durable? Always need to stay safe with rubber lols. I've had the diamond pattern grips before and a lot of them fell apart quickly.
Running Supacrush one stack caused a small rip on the end of the grip but not enough to render them to the bin. Have held up well to wear over the last couple years.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Cheers might give them a shot. Is there any difference with the evos?
As @shiny posted they do tear up easily near the ends in a crash, but I just cleaned the tears and silastic then shut, still using them but just on my single speed commuter.

Similar shape I think (ge1evo vs GA2 fats), but the ge1evo are not as thick...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not much help as I run the slim versions, but been on them on most bikes for over 10yrs, occasionally GA2 but usually GE1 because of the 'finger ridge' that you get to wrap your finger around.

Both wear very fast.

I have the GD1 on my Deviate, they wear so much better but not just as cushy as the GE1.

Starts at right place.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Another vote for GA2 fats here. Also like the PNW Loam XLs but they likely have too much texture

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
GA2 fats or the GE1evo stuff?
Reasonably sure they're GA2, I'd have to go digging through old order emails.

I tried the Wolftooth fat paws as well and didn't like them, despite being a 2XL in glove size.

I have some SQlab ones as well which I don't mind, but will go Ergon again next I think.

safreek

Were these not the fresh Coolaide not long ago, suspension grips

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Just checking if there is anything more plus soft and yet indestructible compared to the chromags
I can’t compare to the cromags but I’m a big fan of dmr deathgrips in the thick and soft option. Very comfy and grippy. Not sure you will love the textures but the main one is plain with some grip for fingers and relief for the thumb.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

bigdamo

Likes Dirt

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The ODI Rogue grips are plenty soft and durable enough I find.

ESI extra chunky are very soft, a PITA to fit and remove, lose the bar ends at any opportunity, and you WILL split them if you stack. Hell you only need to raise your voice and they'll split.

Deity Supracush as mentioned are lovely and plush, wear quickly and the ends cop a beating.

GA2 Ergons are good too, soft and have reliable bar ends but I find the shape a little odd. Still comfy.

My favourites are Deity and ESI with some other bar ends. Just don't buy flash ones like Hope bar ends as you will only get upset when the colour wears off or you stack and graze them.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ODI Longneck v2.1 lock-ons are worth a look. The "mushroom" pattern makes them surprisingly grippy and very comfortable. They were recommended to me by the regulars down at Maydena who swear by them, and i'd have to agree.