Motion E18+ Linkage Fork

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Finished the maiden ride. The antidive definitely will need sometime to get used to. Where you expected the fork to compress, this doesn't and you are still sitting pretty high up. I agree with many of the reviews I read, the fork is very supple. Chatters became muted and the damper works without a peep. Silence! MRP coil is a very supple fork too, just noisy damper.

I am not much of a jumper and where I am comfortable so, the fork is pretty nice jumping fork. No clunking or flex. Just wish my fitness is a bit better to do more runs this morning. After one loop I was buggered. Will ride again tomorrow.
I love that you're doing this. looking forward to hearing more about how it goes

metroid

Likes Bikes
If it doesn't dive and weight transfer under braking, how are you finding the traction in the front when braking?
I'm still not sold on the fork but I'm first in line for your Kingdom when it's up for sale.
Good question. I need to ride more (and a bit faster - taking it easy on adapting stage) to answer this question better. Few times, the front wheel had done minor skid which I haven't come across with telescopic forks. It hasn't translated to instability for sure. I think my riding style will have to change to negate this happening - might mean transferring my weight to the front when I need more traction on the front wheel. Definitely need to spend more bike time with Motion to acclimatise what it can do well and adaptation to mitigate what it doesn't in comparison to telescopic.

PS - LOL - yes, another friend wants to buy the frame off me too when I am done with it. I think Void will be a keeper for a long time.

metroid

Likes Bikes
I love that you're doing this. looking forward to hearing more about how it goes
Thanks! For road riding, I ride a recumbent 700C bike. So quite use to being the weird one among the cycling peers. They aren't surprised with my choice of fork when I got the Motion :D.

Attachments

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Do you know if any dealers will end up bringing these into Oz? I always like to try different.
Looks like they are clearing them out and only in 140mm travel as they are about to release something new. I'd wait...

CR500

Squid
Looks like they are clearing them out and only in 140mm travel as they are about to release something new. I'd wait...
Well I am after 140mm and hoping for a relative bargain. But then I’m always keen to see the latest and greatest things come out.