Motion E18+ Linkage Fork

metroid

Likes Bikes

https://singletrackworld.com/2018/07/review-motion-ride-e18-anti-dive-linkage-fork-first-ride/

The earlier thread on Trust fork peaked my interest in forks other than telescopic varieties. This led me to Motion E18 linkage fork from France.
It's been taunted to be maintenance free, pivots and damper. If true, then the cost incurred of maintaining telescopic varieties would offset the $$$ of Motion E18.
I am seriously considering getting this fork. Just want to post it here to get some thoughts on the weird looking fork. Thanks.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The unboxing of the retail version says it's now bearings instead of "maintenance free" bushings. Pretty bold claim any way you look at it

And they look like robot legs from some movie where humans are being hunted down and killed. I don't like it based on this alone.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Do it. Buy it. YOLO.

I'm sure it outperforms tele forks with its superior design - but my god it's ugly.
(and I usually don't give a toss about aesthetics)

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
With all this front and read fork stuff, wouldn't it make sense to integrate he front and rear suspension design at some point of crazy? Like as in have 'floating cabin'

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Guy had more success when they put sealed bearings in. I'm more interested in their rear shock. Just so risky if it goes wrong, or in few years when they are gone..

digev

Cannon Fodder
Sad news if that's the case. They were doing some cool stuff, was looking forward to their rear shock.
Yep me too. I even pre-ordered one about 4months before the official launch ... but after 6months still no news, I had to send 3 emails to finally get an answer a month later (so we were at 7 months now) and they told me they had to choose another production facility (still in Asia) because the first batch was failing quality control! After another 2 months I asked for some news and they told me I would get reimbursed ... and they did AND that very promising shock has never hit the market! Technically that’s a shame because it was packing lots of cool features but from a sales and marketing point of view it makes total sense, they were slow at replying, not keeping people updated with the progress or giving any news, not posting photos or videos ... Soooo ... they were probably clever engineers with good ideas but they were shit at selling their products!

metroid

Likes Bikes
Finally landed, after being stung by GST and clearance fees. DHL charged clearance fees more than the GST itself!

Arrived reasonably well packed from France. I went for the Fire Edition as they have run out of the black decals version. Fork is 27.5+/29er at 150mm travel. Travel is non-changeable and run on carbon leaf spring. The opposite side is a simple damper but works well, set and forget. Definitely not for suspension geeks.

I was running coil and the weight of Motion isn't much more than the coil fork. Installation on the bike was straight forward just like normal fork. Requires a longer front brake run as the routing of cable is not straight forward like with telescopic fork.

Attachments

metroid

Likes Bikes
Fitted and ready for trails this morning. WTF!!! (What the FORK). No doubt the look won't be liking to the masses. I am the weird one and think it looks awe-full (full of awesome!). Riding around the neighbourhood, the anti-dive works like a charm and no front compression even with hard braking. A bit weird.

Attachments

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks unique, that's for sure, be curious to hear how you think it rides compared to a.. normal? fork.

Also be prepared to get a lot of questions on the trails ha.

metroid

Likes Bikes
Finished the maiden ride. The antidive definitely will need sometime to get used to. Where you expected the fork to compress, this doesn't and you are still sitting pretty high up. I agree with many of the reviews I read, the fork is very supple. Chatters became muted and the damper works without a peep. Silence! MRP coil is a very supple fork too, just noisy damper.

I am not much of a jumper and where I am comfortable so, the fork is pretty nice jumping fork. No clunking or flex. Just wish my fitness is a bit better to do more runs this morning. After one loop I was buggered. Will ride again tomorrow.

Attachments

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it doesn't dive and weight transfer under braking, how are you finding the traction in the front when braking?
I'm still not sold on the fork but I'm first in line for your Kingdom when it's up for sale.