moto mojo vs mag 30's

lj

Likes Bikes
hey ppl

i was just wondering wat u thought would be a stronger wheel

a set of wheelcraft moto mojo's (48 hole dice smo's with dice hoodoo hubs) of mag 30's laced to aireal dh hubs.

thanks for the help

Linden

lotec

Banned
i think 48 spokes is a bit of a waste of space but imo the smos would be stronger (and heavier)

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I can vouch for wheel craft wheels! The spokes are super tight and seem to stay that way for a long time. I dont think even the best wheel builder can match the strength of their wheels (well they probably could- just the ratio of good to bad builds isn't in your favour)

I run mag 30s on dice roulette hubs. Very happy. Very strong. Hubs seem to do the job too- And feel sooooo much lighter than the SMOs I ran for a while. Highly recommended and only about $749- bargin.

naz

Criminally Inane
mate spokes is what gives a wheel its strength, smo n dice def, but its heavy as hell ooh and bombproof

lj

Likes Bikes
so u think a set of predator dh's ( mag 30's, hoodoo hubs, bouble butted spokes ) would be lighter and just as strong as the moto mojos

Adi

It's my birthday!
I'd go the SMOs.... mmmmmmmm beef.

Sure they are heavy, but you'll get used to it i suppose! ;)

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I've had both. I love the preditors. I now hate smos for their weight.- and they were only 32s.

Rik

logged out
Mojo's would be a stronger wheel, but goddamn you have a heavy wheel. Unless you're doing BIG drops with little style, the Suns would be better in every regard. You've made the right choice!

bazza

look at me
go the mag 30s to aeiral hubs! thats the way to do it! sooo much nicer and lighter than the SMO's!

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
same as me i wanna biuld up a mag 30 on a aireal DH hub, but im still decding whether D321 or mag 30