MotoGP 2019

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I sat down and annoyed the wife by watching all 3hrs in prime time talent/cooking/reno timeslot. Aaah, it was great notwithstanding constant reminder of the loss earlier in the weekend.

Apart from a few glimpses of interest I thought Moto3 was the pick, moto 2 was good racing too and I really though MM was going to step up and school the teacher with 3 laps to go, but with Rossi on a superior bike, fresh engine, and what seemed better preserved tyres, it was not to be.

And Rossi's pitboard when Crazy Joe cleaned up Jlo -

"Jorge
KO"

I bet he laughed in his helmet, I also wonder if Suzuki is rethinking next year's contract with him. And both Crutchlow and Bautista finished the race & in respectable positions, amazing stories.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Round 8

Round 8 26 June 2016

Motul TT Assen
TT Circuit Assen
Netherlands

**NOTE RACE IS ON SUNDAY**

LENGTH 4.5 km 2.82 miles
CORNERS 6 left - 12 right
WIDTH 14 m. 45.93 ft.
LONGEST STRAIGHT 487 m. 1597.77 ft.

About the circuit
Assen is the only venue to have held a round of the Motorcycle World Championship every year since its creation in 1949. The circuit was purpose built for the Dutch TT in 1955, with previous events having been held on public roads. The track is narrow, with rapid changes in direction, and is fully surrounded by grass banks and grandstands, providing excellent viewing for the hundreds of thousands of fanatical spectators who are drawn to the most prestigious event in Dutch motorsport every year. A huge favourite with riders, Assen is well known for its festive and extravagant atmosphere.

In 1999 the circuit was modified with a new grandstand, control tower, press centre and renovated boxes. Modifications to the Assen circuit over the winter of 2005/6 saw the length of the championship’s longest serving track cut from over 6km down to 4.555km/2.83miles.

Money has to be on the GOAT

Attachments

kbekus

Likes Dirt
That was a crazy pair of races. I'm in two minds.. surely if that many people go down it can't be considered a good race? dunno. I'm also still in shock that Miller didn't throw it down the road like he's done so many times in the past.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great qualifying and racing alround, and congrats Miller! Hoping its a sign of more to come.

Anyone know why Iannone was allowed to rejoin when Hernandez could not?

That was a crazy pair of races. I'm in two minds.. surely if that many people go down it can't be considered a good race? dunno. I'm also still in shock that Miller didn't throw it down the road like he's done so many times in the past.
Well he's not an idiot and he can ride a bike LOL

Classic that Chris Vermulen was on the commentary team.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I feel stopping it takes away the seldome advantage that some people have, and disadvantage for the likes of Lorenzo. It was started as a wet race. Amazing things happen in wet reaches.
Well done Miller, awesome, hard luck to Rossi and the opposite to Marquez cashing in on the way it played out.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well he's not an idiot and he can ride a bike LOL

Classic that Chris Vermulen was on the commentary team.
For local commentators Dazz and the grinning idiot? I can't remember his name. Funny even Nick Harris et al referred to Chris as his win in 07 shared obv similarities, Aust'n, no wins to date, underdog on turd of a bike.

Agree or don't with the red flag, riders should still respect the red flag I think it was Marquez who was carrying on like a pork chop, Redding too, and in the end they got 2nd and 3rd. Yes it prob could have gone on for 1 or 2 more laps, but with the standing water and rain coming down even harder soon after seemed a red flag was inevitable & only the timing of it was in question.

I suspect they had a bit of information at hand to call it off before people came unstuck and they made the call. Was very strange all round though, lots of races for the price of one.

moto3 was nucking futs, some big arse stacks and some very lucky boys, specially that dude that had a bike that wasn't his go over him, time for some new leathers

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Round 9 17 July 2016

GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland
Sachsenring
Germany

LENGTH 3.7 km 2.28 miles
CORNERS 10 left - 3 right
WIDTH 12 m. 39.37 ft.
LONGEST STRAIGHT 700 m. 2296.59 ft.

About the circuit
Car and bike races have been held on closed public roads in the area around the town of Chemnitz, Germany since the 1920s and were still taking place until as recently as 1990. It was decided, however, that the five mile course through such a densely populated area was no longer suitable and a new circuit was built five miles west of Chemnitz in 1996. Although mainly used as a driver training centre and road transport safety station, Sachsenring first hosted MotoGP in 1998 and many improvements have taken place since then, including a drastic layout enhancement in 2001. Numerous tight corners make it one of the slower tracks on the calendar but there is never any shortage of close racing action.

Check out attached pic, and combine with factoid Marquez, in all classes, has not lost at the 'ring since '09. In 2015, he poled, set fastest lap, circuit record, and won the race. This year is obv different, but FP & qual will be interesting.

Attachments