MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Miller is looking ok this weekend after a poor showing in the first round. He really needs to put a great season together this year or the rising star Acosta will probably have his seat

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
He will have to put together a fair tilt at the championship to keep Acosta out of that seat I reckon. Kid's a prodigy and Miller's had a long time to show his potential but is still inconsistent and crash-prone.

It's been interesting watching Marquez slowly coming to grips with the Ducati. Still looks quiet uncomfortable on it but is making it work and putting decent results on the board.

Interesting that Aldegeur is moving up on a two-year deal from Moto2 next year. Reckon we might lose a few of the established names this season.

Morbidelli will surely be out of a seat. Oliviera and (Augusto) Fernandez will really need to start putting some better results on the board I'd guess. Interesting to see how the year plays out for the Aprilia factory team too. They started strong last year as well, but then seemingly stood still as the others moved forward. Quateraro seems intent on finding a new home too. Silly season is going to be very silly indeed!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
MotoGP acquired by Liberty Media.

I hope they don't kill MotoGP when they broaden its appeal.
I cannot stand what F1 has turned into. MotoGP has been all about the racing appeal for so long, F1 is now about the social media presence and the funds that come with it. The on-track show has suffered greatly and is merely an accessory to the off track stuff. There's no doubt their business model will attract new people to MotoGP but geez it'll lose some if their trend continues.

@Dozer these are the concerns I read about. Knowing nothing of F1 but hearing what it has become has me worried, hopefully there will still be the superbikes for people into the racing .

Didn't F1 get rid of the brolly girls ?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
@Dozer these are the concerns I read about. Knowing nothing of F1 but hearing what it has become has me worried, hopefully there will still be the superbikes for people into the racing .

Didn't F1 get rid of the brolly girls ?
It did get rid of the grid dogs and replaced it with children wearing racing overalls to appease...........someone? Who knows why.
You'd recall F1 used to be 22,000rpm combustion engines that woke cities up in neighboring states. Nowadays it's the volume that would barely wake your cat. When the new owners were asked if they intend to bring back the noise, some of them said its pointless because people watch F1 on a mobile phone and the volume of the racing cars is redundant. Dickheads, fucking dickheads.