MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Two rounds (Qatar cancelled, Thailand postponed) already affected by the Corona virus. Will COVID-WTF trash this years MotoGP calendar ?

I hope not, from a spectator point of view the senior class has been getting steadily better over the last two years. Jack Miller had a good test at Qatar, I hope he has a great season and wins a race or three

In Moto 2, Gardner showing promise in the Qatar test. I'm hoping he can make that step up in consistency this year.

Moto 3 is a bit short of Aussies ATM as far as I know

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Bloody stupid virus!
It's looking like a good season. JM is going in strong. He was clocked at 355km/h at Qatar :eek:o_O:eek:o_O

Hopefully team Marquez has a massive inter-family spat and the screen goes up in the pit garage :D

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It's an absolute gift (not literally) for Marc Marquez. Still struggling with his shoulder post off-season surgery, and the Honda generally struggles at Qatar.

He must be stoked!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Round 1: Eastern Creek
Round 2: Oxley Highway
Round 3: Old Pacific Highway
Round 4: Putty Road
Round 5: Great Ocean Road
Round 6: Black Spur

last Round Phillip Island

Open to suggestions for the balance of the races.
Hell yeah!
The "fly away" rounds could be in Tassie. We have some epic tracks...err.....I mean roads.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Pleased but surprised to see this:

Hope he can contain his excitement and net some solid results and keep his place there.

It would seem like Petrucci will be looking for a new job now though...
I'm excited for him. I think he deserves the ride. He has matured and was consistent last season.
I'm also excited for quarteraro. Be interesting to see if Rossi takes his old ride or hangs up the boots.

beeb

As it stands currently, we may see some racing again next month:

Plus strong rumours of Pol Espargaro taking the #2 seat at Repsol Honda. Strange times indeed!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Can't wait for the racing to kick off. I'm surprised with the Pol rumours. I no it is silly season with lots of contracts up this year but seems weird as we haven't seen Alex on the bike yet cause of no racing.

beeb

This year's silly-season rider swaps have been more bizarre than the fact they haven't even started racing yet in 2020.

One big Italian moving to KTM, KTM to field 4 "factory" bikes, Pol Espargaro confirmed to finish with KTM this year:

That'll make three small teammates and one tall timber - so it will be an interesting to see how that plays out.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Rossi still hasn't signed either. Sure he will take the petonas ride as he'll have same factory bike. Hope he does, i still want a helmet signed

beeb

Pol Espargaro confirmed to ride for Repsol Honda for 2021/22. He's certainly not shy of a fight on the track, so it'll be interesting to see how much he can ruffle MM's composure come 2021! Seems a lot of the riders in the paddock rate him as a genuine contender, so hopefully he can bring the goods and we get a second genuine podium contender back on a Repsol Honda bike.

A lot of two-year deals being signed for 2021/22 - Alex Marquez to move across to LCR Honda (Cal Crutchlow's future unknown), Morbidelli staying with Petronas Yamaha, Quartarao moving up to the factory Yamaha.