Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Took the old girl out for some laps in the sun at Ride Park.. Could not have asked for better conditions for my first ride in 2.5years. 6mm of rain yesterday, prepped, loamy track, and perfect weather today. Surprisingly arm pump was not a real issue and had plenty of endurance for 15-20min motos, but have to admit I'm feeling pretty beat up now, moto is hard work.
PSX_20220724_153937.jpg

Camping at Phillip island is just about sold out, had to settle for one of the pre-pitched sites, everything else is gone.

Doohan stand is all gone, so I got a ticket in the Champions stand on 10 and 11, just out of Lukey on the outside. Always happy to try a new stand but after last time it’s gonna have to be covered. This new stand is.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Made a rack at work for the XR today. Pretty ugly but proof of concept. Will make it look a bit nicer for v2

Screenshot_20220902-202129_Gallery.jpg

Pumped up the tyres on the FX for a ride tomorrow.

Screenshot_20220902-202157_Gallery.jpg

And fixing a late model CRF250R with oil supply issues foe a local shop.

Screenshot_20220902-202211_Gallery.jpg

Also having impure thoughts of buying a 450 or 500 exc after 20 years on small bore yamahas.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
If you're fouling spark plugs there are probably 2 things you're doing wrong... People start their bikes and then turn them off for no reason, like after they wash the bike or just to make sure it will start the night before a ride.....start it and ride it...
Or its just too rich on the pilot jet and you are putting around like a Nanna. Extremely unlikely that you will foul a plug on the main jet wide open.

Minlak

custom titis
Took the 2021 Ninja 1000SX to get it dyno tuned today - Woolich tune - Tuner ran into issues as it seems Woolich has not actually unlocked the ECU as they claim so will have to keep checking back until they get an answer from Woolich about the error they ran into.

4/5ths of the tune is done he just got locked out of the fuel mapping options for gears 1-3 so it is still the way it was when it went down so not horrible. They were able to activate the dual throttle bodies and remove the restrictions however - fuel cut gone now and fans come on at 95 degs instead of 105 degs - Speed restrictions all removed as well.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Nice lookin bag
They’re pretty schmick, accessible from either end, nice easy strapping and it should fit in front of my top box.
I’ve had to ditch the hard case panniers after one exploded on me while I was riding down the freeway and dumped my gear on the road at 110km/hr.
Will go soft panniers but that means new rear racks and mounts and bags and I ain’t that cashed up just yet.
It’s a process! These boomer af ADV bikes ain’t cheap.

Minlak

custom titis
They’re pretty schmick, accessible from either end, nice easy strapping and it should fit in front of my top box.
I’ve had to ditch the hard case panniers after one exploded on me while I was riding down the freeway and dumped my gear on the road at 110km/hr.
Will go soft panniers but that means new rear racks and mounts and bags and I ain’t that cashed up just yet.
Did you have soft bags in the hard panniers? The inserts mean you just lose the whole insert as well as all your gear :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Check out Andy Strapz. https://www.andystrapz.com/category/pannierssaddle-bags

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk